“Don't stay here!!!!”

Ranked #282 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Murrieta, California, United States
“Don't stay here!!!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked a king suite over a month in advance and when I arrived they gave me a queen and told me a king was not available... yet my friend, who booked days later than I did, got his king suite. There were no towels or soap in my room (and the towel situation was the same for many of us that stayed there) When I went to the lobby to ask for towels, they said they have none and are washing all of them right now. Really... ALL the towels for the entire hotel? Weird, and unacceptable. Also, I asked for all the kitchen amenities to be brought to my room, but only received half of them. I had to call, then go down to the lobby 3 times. Inconvenient to the guest AND the staff. Guests were constantly in the lobby with various issues. I've never experienced a hotel like this and will most definitely never stay there again. Trust me, stay elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home and I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide exemplary service and a home away from home for all of our guests and would like you to know that we have taken strides to improve based on your review.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lwh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have stayed several days and each day has a different unpleasant odor in the elevator and hallways. There are no drink cups (even in the bathroom) unless you request a cookware pack. The towels are very coarse. Our bathtub had a drip that was not fixed in spite of multiple requests for maintenance. The "on the go" breakfast was beyond pitiful - coffee with available "sweetened" creamers only and an orange and a packaged muffin. There was a space for oatmeal, but it was empty all days. The bed is fairly comfortable but has a sheet and light blanket without a spread or any decorative cover. Wifi was okay. Only benefit I can see is the frig. We checked nearby Marriott and Hilton with similar price (with pool, restaurant, and fitness center) and will stay at one of those next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathydddd

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

ESA has a full kitchenette in each suite and a 60 day agreement that reduces the daily rate to one that is well below a Travel Lodge. The manager Shanena is excellent. I definitely recommend this ESA.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor and try to stay in a corner room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to make our guest feel during their stay that ESA is their home away from home and I am glad that we were able to accomplish that with you. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Chatsworth
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel could be a great place to stay if it corrected some very fixable flaws. There is virtually no security. Side doors are open with nobody to check people coming and going. How can they tell if somebody belongs in the building or not? The hotel promises that your room is scheduled for cleaning every 7 days if staying 7 days or longer. During my stays there my room was missed for cleaning numerous times. Other times it was cleaned so late in the day that the maids did not have enough clean towels or supplies to leave in the room. During one stay I was missed for cleaning 3 times in 4 weeks. The only way I received clean towels was to go to the front desk and ask for them. The hotel is supposed to have been upgraded and refurbished recently according to there ads, but many items in the rooms are either damaged or do not work properly. The solution, they say they can move you to another room, if one is available. Sinks that do not drain properly are also common. Their "breakfast" is a joke. The front desk employees try, but can only do so much. Many areas of the hotel are dirty, trash rooms are often full and there is generally the smell of smoke in most areas.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street on an upper floor if available.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay was less than pleasant. I was very upset to hear that your housekeeping schedule was sporadic, and that items in your room did not work properly. I want to assure you that the circumstance that allowed this to occur has been fixed. I am also disappointed to hear that our “Grab & Go” breakfast was not to your satisfaction. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

All the stuff (local restaurants, Target, Ralphs etc) was in a walking distance from the location. Room was clean, no issues with kitchenette and bathroom as it was told in other reports.
Will definitely choose the hotel again once I'll be back in LA.

Room Tip: Take a room looking at Ventura Blvd, not at 101 Fwy - it will be much quieter
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This facility is awful. Both the room and public areas smell like smoke and the room and public areas were rundown and dirty. The front desk employees were doing the best they could under the circumstances.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 1RMB1
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the odors and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, lwh@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Woodland, California
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Shanena Shakes and all mangers n emploeys were very help ful and nice and fun to greet every moring was close to everything and didn't have any try of trouble nice place all round would stay again
amber

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!