“Budget should not impact hygiene”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills
Ranked #288 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Miami, Florida
“Budget should not impact hygiene”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was the only hotel available in Woodland Hills, so it was this or sleeping on a park bench - I wish I had chosen the latter. My colleague and I experienced all of the horrors that others had previously, dirty bed linen, missing or dirty towels. I slept on the chair in my room as it seemed to be the cleanest surface. The mixture of cigarrette smoke and weed in the hallways was pungent; and the crowning glory was the guest in the room below me starting to practice on a full drum kit at 7:30am - we checked out after 1 night and headed to the park!

Room Tip: Choose any other hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dicheeky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am here for a long time. The room said non-smoking, but all the cigarette butts said different. So did the sheets that had cigarette burns in them. The tub was not cleaned. Hair on the wall, and still after the one weekly cleaning there was? Also, there is a picture of a guest here enjoying cooking over a home cooked meal. The picture is in the elevator and in the room. They will even do your dishes! That doesn't happen. They just pile it all in the sink. Even if I just cleaned it and set it aside. They have a laundry room where almost everything is out of order, and it costs 2.00 to clean and 2.00 to dry. I don't have quarters! The front desk says they don't either and I have to go to the corner drug store...again. I hope this is helpful. I have some time to go...

2 Thank Nikki B

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I requested a room on the main floor near an exit to accommodate taking my dogs in and out so they of course put me on the 3rd floor in the middle of the hallway. Good start to my stay. It only got worse. They make you carry your own box of kitchen stuff? Unbelievable! The hallways and stairwells were unbearably hot, my room was also very hot and took until the next day to cool off. The fridge door wouldn't stay closed, my tub faucet leaked, the 'breakfast' in the morning was a joke - 3 pots of coffee and stale granola bars. There was no green space outdoors and the hotel was in what appeared to be a dicey area next to an unsavory looking high school. The first night my hallway had a STRONG (like burn your nose) smell of ammonia, it took 40 minutes with a tech support guy to figure out how to get my internet access to work. The trash room was overflowing with bags, the outdoor containers were overflowing with cigarette butts and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Stay away.

1 Thank Kathy D
Chino Hills, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Don't stay here! I booked a room for my daughter so she could go to a job interview. They gave her a smoking room (reserved non-smoking) which had one towel, dirty linens, broken outlets, broken frig, no blow dryer, broken iron, no shampoo, no conditioner, etc. The front desk was unresponsive. I will never use Extended Stay America again! It is a pit!

Room Tip: You should not stay here!
3 Thank Timothy F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Timothy - We read you review and would like to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the state of your daughter's room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure every room is cleaned and stocked properly. We will also review your feedback with our front desk staff to make sure we are informing our guests of our available amenities, like toiletries and hair dryers, during check-in.

We appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at lwh@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.
Belle Mead, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The rooms are dirty, especially the carpet, it has got dirty spots all over the room. The toilet does not have an exhaust. The receptionist says that the entire hotel does not have exhausts in the toilets. The hotel provides utensils which have dirty spots all over.
Over all this is the worst place i have stayed.
The dustbin was not cleaned when i checked in and they took 2 days to clean it after repeated complaints

Room Tip: I guess the entire hotel is bad. It has got a bad smell right when you enter the hotel and it increa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BKK52
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that your room was not up to our standards. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with our staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lwh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Murrieta, California, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked a king suite over a month in advance and when I arrived they gave me a queen and told me a king was not available... yet my friend, who booked days later than I did, got his king suite. There were no towels or soap in my room (and the towel situation was the same for many of us that stayed there) When I went to the lobby to ask for towels, they said they have none and are washing all of them right now. Really... ALL the towels for the entire hotel? Weird, and unacceptable. Also, I asked for all the kitchen amenities to be brought to my room, but only received half of them. I had to call, then go down to the lobby 3 times. Inconvenient to the guest AND the staff. Guests were constantly in the lobby with various issues. I've never experienced a hotel like this and will most definitely never stay there again. Trust me, stay elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home and I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide exemplary service and a home away from home for all of our guests and would like you to know that we have taken strides to improve based on your review.

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have stayed several days and each day has a different unpleasant odor in the elevator and hallways. There are no drink cups (even in the bathroom) unless you request a cookware pack. The towels are very coarse. Our bathtub had a drip that was not fixed in spite of multiple requests for maintenance. The "on the go" breakfast was beyond pitiful - coffee with available "sweetened" creamers only and an orange and a packaged muffin. There was a space for oatmeal, but it was empty all days. The bed is fairly comfortable but has a sheet and light blanket without a spread or any decorative cover. Wifi was okay. Only benefit I can see is the frig. We checked nearby Marriott and Hilton with similar price (with pool, restaurant, and fitness center) and will stay at one of those next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family