“Company put me up here...who did I choose to work for? LOL.”
Review of Studio 6 Van Nuys

and 1 more site!
Studio 6 Van Nuys
Ranked #260 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was another hotel that my company put me up in and purchased through Hotels.com My opinion of this booking site is that it is a rip-off. Book directly with the hotel and look for discounts like AAA, etc.

This hotel was relatively close to my place of work, so that was about all I enjoyed about it.

PROS:
Proximity to work.
My room was upstairs and located near the pool.
There are a lot of restaurants that are close.

CONS:
Crack in door so thick you could see through it.
Parking is in an alley behind the hotel and is kind of tight.
The neighborhood is questionable, but remember, you are in LA.
The hotel seemed to have way more week to week people down on their luck than travelers. Lots of smokers.
When I saw the rate on this 'hotel' that my boss paid - it reminded me of how everything in LA and Cali is over-priced.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John W

Reviewed 1 February 2014

If I had read only the reviews on google, I would not have stayed here. But it seemed like a different hotel. It was clean, there was nice hardwood flooring in my room. The guy at checkin was very friendly and, although it was close to midnight, not behind bullet proof glass. Not the quietest place, on a major street, and a gritty part of town. But close to a couple of decent restaurants and I felt fine walking around. I didn't expect 5 stars for the price I paid.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was more than pleased with my stay at Studio 6 ..plenty of parking, clean with a nice kitchen, good ac/ and access to bus service/ half a block to shopping/ and friendly helpful staff made for a nice experience..pat from Florida

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank semanongirl
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

First thing we did when we got in the room was turn on the air conditioner. Within 2 minutes it blew the breaker. I reset the breaker and within another 2 minutes it happened again. This happened about 5 times in the first 15 minutes we were there. I went to the front desk to complain and they just looked at me like it was my fault and did nothing.

All through the night there were people in the courtyard outside our room yelling and screaming at each other. At one point I was awoken from sleep by such a loud bang that I thought someone was actually in our room. I jumped out of bed and literally ran into the next room to check and make sure my kids were safe. This is the most unsafe I've ever felt in a hotel.

After a restless night I awoke in a puddle of sweat as we never did get the air conditioner to stay on and hit the shower. At that point I discovered that the hot water heater must be on the same breaker as the air conditioner, because there was absolutely no hot water at all. The water pressure was also virtually nil.

If you are comfortable on the California heat in the middle of summer without air conditions and hot water, this place is for you.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This hotel has very good accommodation but the problem is that windows mostly facing the stairs or inside small yard and at night when people talk, or smoke in the yard it all go to the room and prevent good night sleep. Also they charge dog's fee which other Motel 6 do not do. We were there Jan 2012 but there is no such options in the menu, so I posted as Apr 2012.

Room Tip: use rooms which do not have window looking inside the yard.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Though they tell u they are "Dog friendly" once ur dog barks they are ready to kick you out. Everyone knows Dogs Bark (Just like humans talk) why run a hotel that is "Dog Friendly" but NO BARKS?! that's just foolish! Front desk is rude he said his name is "Johnny' he denied me his Managers Name and Number... What are you scared of? If your going by "Policy" it shouldn't be a problem to give me her info! Just a heads up oh annnnnnd there is nowhere for ur pups to use the restroom there is dog urine and poop everywhere, smells like urine when walking to your car. Lets not forget one of the workers Bought drugs ON the premises while clocked in... Just a little insight on What you are getting yourself into when staying in this place!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Miszwade
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Our first experience with one of the Hotel 6/Studio 6 chain. We had our doubts, which were exacerbated when the non-smoking room we were initially given had the obvious smell of past smoke. There was no arguement however, and we were given another room with upgraded features. The building was well kept. The maintenance person came right up when I mentioned at the front desk that a light wasn't working. Housekeeping was great. The courtyards are well kept with flowers and nice lighting. Room was clean and good size. Not much to look at from the street. The area is pretty blue collar, but there are restaurants within walking distance and supermarket at the corner. The only complaint we would have are the goofy little thin pillows. Otherwise, it was one of the best motels we'd been at in more than two weeks of travelling.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family