“Studio 6 Van Nuys Ca”

Ranked #254 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
“Studio 6 Van Nuys Ca”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have stayed at Studio 6 in other cities, so I chose to stay here instead of the regular Motel 6. It was disappointing. This place looks like an old apartment building that has been turned in to
Studio 6. It is not a good area, I was very worried about leaving my car parked behind the building. It did have a refrigerator, & coffee maker, but that did not help the bad location.
The front desk employees were very nice, & friendly, but I will not stay here again.
Cost was $79 for a weeknight, & not worth it.

Room Tip: This is a small place, & all rooms are around the pool. Prepare for noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

High crime area; not very secure; attentive staff; room had mildew all over it. The sheets were nasty; what made it worse was I woke up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and when I turned on the lights, cockroaches scattered under the dresser and any other dark place they could find. Not very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Charles W

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Tracy, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our stay here was pleasant! Decor is nice, bed comfortable. Location was great for our visit to Universal Studios. Positives: Decor, Comfort, Friendly Staff, Clean Negatives: Toilet Seat not secure, Toilet was refilling through-out the night; needs to be adjusted. $15 to Park; not mentioned during reservations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Austin, TX
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was another hotel that my company put me up in and purchased through Hotels.com My opinion of this booking site is that it is a rip-off. Book directly with the hotel and look for discounts like AAA, etc.

This hotel was relatively close to my place of work, so that was about all I enjoyed about it.

PROS:
Proximity to work.
My room was upstairs and located near the pool.
There are a lot of restaurants that are close.

CONS:
Crack in door so thick you could see through it.
Parking is in an alley behind the hotel and is kind of tight.
The neighborhood is questionable, but remember, you are in LA.
The hotel seemed to have way more week to week people down on their luck than travelers. Lots of smokers.
When I saw the rate on this 'hotel' that my boss paid - it reminded me of how everything in LA and Cali is over-priced.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John W
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2014

If I had read only the reviews on google, I would not have stayed here. But it seemed like a different hotel. It was clean, there was nice hardwood flooring in my room. The guy at checkin was very friendly and, although it was close to midnight, not behind bullet proof glass. Not the quietest place, on a major street, and a gritty part of town. But close to a couple of decent restaurants and I felt fine walking around. I didn't expect 5 stars for the price I paid.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Cocoa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was more than pleased with my stay at Studio 6 ..plenty of parking, clean with a nice kitchen, good ac/ and access to bus service/ half a block to shopping/ and friendly helpful staff made for a nice experience..pat from Florida

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank semanongirl
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

First thing we did when we got in the room was turn on the air conditioner. Within 2 minutes it blew the breaker. I reset the breaker and within another 2 minutes it happened again. This happened about 5 times in the first 15 minutes we were there. I went to the front desk to complain and they just looked at me like it was my fault and did nothing.

All through the night there were people in the courtyard outside our room yelling and screaming at each other. At one point I was awoken from sleep by such a loud bang that I thought someone was actually in our room. I jumped out of bed and literally ran into the next room to check and make sure my kids were safe. This is the most unsafe I've ever felt in a hotel.

After a restless night I awoke in a puddle of sweat as we never did get the air conditioner to stay on and hit the shower. At that point I discovered that the hot water heater must be on the same breaker as the air conditioner, because there was absolutely no hot water at all. The water pressure was also virtually nil.

If you are comfortable on the California heat in the middle of summer without air conditions and hot water, this place is for you.

• Stayed July 2013