“No upper Management to resolve customer issues”

BLVD Hotel & Suites
Ranked #66 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 December 2006

I stayed in this hotel Dec. 3, and checked out Dec 4. Once I returned home to Arizona, I realized I forgot values in my hotel room. I called and spoke to hotel employees who informed me that I would need to have someone come pick them up. I did this, and paid $60.00 to have it shipped to the state for which I live. Upon its arrival I was shocked and dissappointed to find that they had given items belonging to the hotel; pillows and a blankets. When I attempted to contact a hotel manager or anyone in charge, I was told for five days straight that the manager was not on property. I asked what would staff do if there were an emergancy, or in need of a manager. I was told, they would have to wait until the manager showed up. I am very dissappointed and will most likely stir clear of this particular hotel in my future travels to California... I suggest anyone reading this, do the same.

Stayed: December 2006
2  Thank wmn2wmn

Reviewed 19 October 2006

We thought upon entering the hotel that it was fairly nice. On the 2nd day I was starting to notice red, itchy bites. By the 3rd night I was sick as a dog. I went to the doctor and I had had a severe allergic reaction to bed bugs. I did not even know they existed. The person that was staying with me had a delayed reaction a few days after and had to go to the doctor as well. Now we are suffering even after a couple of weeks after taking medication. We saw 2 bugs while there but thought they were either roaches or a tick. Do not stay here!! The public should be made aware of this!! Bed bugs are the worst!!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank BedbugBeware
Reviewed 24 August 2006

Just returned from a one night stay at the Hollywood, Ca
Comfort Inn on North Highland Avenue.
My one stay can be summed up in one word,
' bugged.' I retired late after returning from a concert
at the Hollywood Bowl and was awaken by itching
on my arms. A search of the bedsheets revealed
a crawling bed bug. I called the front desk and was
given a room change. The second room proved no
better than the first. You guessed it, another, larger,
bed bug. The only reason I did not check out immediately
was that it was the middle of the night.
Suffice it to say that I did not get any sleep.
I informed the desk clerk that I would not be paying
for the ' service' and I was told that the hotel would not
charge me the night.
Upon check out I attempted to discuss my experience
and find out if there was a history of similar complaints,
the clerk's reply was 'I made a note of it, and we did not
charge you for the room.'
I plan to make a formal complaint to Choice Hotels, Inc.
Comfort Inn's parent company, and other appropriate
agencies.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled solo
5  Thank swanalin
Reviewed 28 July 2006

This had to be practically my family's worst hotel experience out of 100's of nights throughout the years in a hotel.

We first arrived at the hotel on our stay of seven nights only to find that the electricity was out in the area. According to a lady who was checking out as we were arriving, this had been the second straight day of this. Hotels right down the street were okay and their electricity was still on.

The girl at the front desk said she anticipated things would be okay shortly so we decided to park our vehicle and walk down to Hollywood which was only 5 or 6 blocks away from the hotel and grab something to eat. We figured we'd call back later to see if it was on yet. We ate and during this time I called a couple of hotels out of the area to see if they had rooms which they did. We were simply using this as an "if needed" possibility at this point.

We felt good once we called back to the Comfort Inn & Suites and the girl at the front desk said the electricity was back on and all was well. We began our walk back to the hotel and it was just about dusk. As we began our walk back, things just didn't feel safe the farther we got from Hollywood -- now again we are only talking a few blocks here. There were rough looking kids and adults hanging out on the street corners and if front of the stores on the way to the hotel. My family just didn't feel safe as we were walking back to say the least.

Once we got back the girl at the front desk did not have a computer to show her what room to put us in. She had a written list that she was using to go by. We received a room key and proceeded to get our luggage out and put on a cart to go up the elevator. As we got to our room we put the key card in and opened the door only to find out that this room was already occupied!!! There was luggage and clothes all over the place and the beds were unmade. The occupants of this room were not present. However, if this could happen to them why would we be immune from something like this occuring to us. Fortunately, for the people whose room this was we are honest and forth-right people so we didn't even think about doing anything other than shutting the door and going back to take the keys to the front desk.

You talk about a shock this was it. As my husband went down to the front desk to get another room, a gentlemen whose family was staying across the hall said he would stay with me and my daughter because it wasn't safe for a woman and a child to be out in the hallway alone at this time of night. My husband decided on the way down to call the hotel we had inquired about while we were waiting for the electricity to come back on. He went ahead and complained to the girl at the front desk and she really didn't know what room she had available anyway. He told her that if she would just cancel our reservation it would be in everybody's best interests as she was very frustrated that she couldn't come up with a room for us.

The only good thing about this hotel is that our reservation ended up being cancelled and we didn't have to pay for ANY nights at this "DUMP".

Bad location, hole of a pool, poor elevator, -- just an experience I don't want to encounter again for a long, long time.

Think long and hard about staying here!!!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
9  Thank lebrona
Reviewed 14 July 2006

This is an okay place to stay if you are going to the Hollywood Bowl, Chinese Theatre, Universal Studios or Warner Brothers. You can walk two blocks to the subway and get to most of the above sites, or walk down to hollywood Blvd for a quick bus to the Farmer's Market (CBS, The Grove).....or walk further down to Sunset Blvd and take a bus to UCLA/ The Getty or even out to the beaches(1.5 hr trip).

The hotel is rather new, rather cheaply built and not luxurious by any means, but they do not usually have ripoff room rates either. The area is full of a lot of other people walking around, but we didn't like walking in the area after dark if we were alone. From the Hollywood Bowl there were lots of people walking so we were fine.

Some of the reviews talk about an old hotel etc, I think they are confusing this with a couple of other Comfort Inns in the area. (The one on Vermont is one in particular that a tourist would not want to stay at.)

Yes the pool is small and useless, the parking is $7 and the breakfast room isn't big enough for everyone, but all in all you can do a lot worse in the area than this Comfort Suites. Sometimes it is only about $20 more per night than some real dives a half mile away. The Best Western across the street and the Holiday Inn on Highland both also looked acceptable, but we were happy that we chose this comfort Suites.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank joesorce
A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2006

We stayed at the hotel and I agree to all the other submissions I have seen here. In my room the carpet was stained, the closet had not door and they were housing an additional TV in the room. I HAD TWO TVS NEXT TO EACH OTHER!!!! One didn't even work. The bedroom window was broken and here come the worst, we all got bed bug bites. We had red spots over our bodies that were itchy. After seeing a doctor, we were told they were bed bugs and that we woud have to wash nearly everything we have touched. All we got was a one day free from our trip. Bad hotel.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, TX
Reviewed 21 May 2006

Where do I start? Just horrible, may be the best way to describe this smelly hole. I simply cannot believe that Comfort Inn’s allows this place to operate under its name.

The swimming pool is nothing more than a 5’ x 5’ hole in the ground, the elevators are about 30 yrs old, the room smells like a tannery, the staff are rude, the alleyway to the rooms seems unsafe, the safe was permanently locked, the bed was uncomfortable, the carpet was dirty and the chair has seen better days.

Next time I will spend the extra $20 a night and stay at the Holiday Inn across the street.

Oh yeah, and if you plan on staying here even after reading my review just remember to come back to your motel room early in the evening since the parking lot fills up quickly and they could not care less about you. They allow non guests to park in their lot without leaving enough spaces for their paying guests.

• Stayed: May 2006