“The worse service ever!”
Review of Bao Dim Sum House

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: LAX Area
Cross street: Sweetzer
Reviewed 12 May 2014

It was a late Saturday lunch. The place was half full. We sat for 15 minutes before the waitress showed up to ask what we wanted to drink - very distracted, aloof. Twenty minutes later, I asked the hostess where our waitress was, since she we didn't see her since she took the order. Then I spot her preparing my drink at the bar, chatting with the manager... both aloof, distracted.

She brought one drink. My husband asked "Where is my lemonade?" She looked aloof, distracted: "Lemonade??" We left.

I live in LA (not far from this place) and as a local. I'm warning you... STAY AWAY!

2  Thank Vicente R
There are newer reviews for Bao Dim Sum House

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I gave the restaurant an excellent rating for the food alone, the decor was nice but the lighting was a bit on the darkside. However the portions are small but the prices are not! A family dinner for four would cost you an arm and three legs :-(

1  Thank YolieCReed
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The restaurant is located close to the Élan Hotel where we are staying. Dim sum sounded good so gave it a go - so pleased we did. The portions are large so choose wisely. Looks like the dim sum arrive as they are cooked, excellent! Some dim sum are spicy, more Thai than Chinese, but still had depth of flavour under the heat. Different to what we are used to, but nothing wrong with that. Also, great service, attentive but not overdone. . . . All in all, recommended

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We were craving dim sum but didn't want to go all the way to San Gabriel. Bao will do. Dumplings oddly large but good. Selection decent. Service friendly and fast. Overall good experience. Not amazing but will definitely return.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We are dim sum fanatics and this has my #1 rating. I have never had better. The portions are huge! The service amazing and dont let the beverly hills scare you, they are so down to earth and relaxing. When you eat til you drop and then only think about how much more you could have eaten, that is when you know its good. Pork buns and shrimp and walnut....we went back for 3 of those! Shrimp and eggplant are amazing and biggest i have had...huge pieces of shrimp. And believe it or not,mtheir ok choy is awesome!