“Okay for 1 night only”

Motel 6 Los Angeles - Van Nuys/Sepulveda
Ranked #265 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Showed up to a very small parking lot, but there were still plenty of spaces available. The front desk clerk was very friendly and we had no problems checking in. When we entered the elevator, the tile floor was dirty and sticky and the walls were run down and stained. We got to our room ok, though smelling the cigarette smoke in the hall was a let down because the rooms were supposed to be smoke free.

The first thing that hit us when we entered the room was the smell of bleach. The room itself was a decent size and had a full length mirror, but the carpet was one of those that made you afraid to take your socks off. I found a 3 inch piece of pizza crust at the edge of my bed. The TV remote did not work - in fact the batteries were taped in the remote because there was no cover (...a new universal remote is how much?). The bathtub faucet leaked and the spray from the shower nozzle was all over the place and into the bathroom proper. The toilet handle actually fell off when I flushed it at one point. The towels were typical scratchy-and-too-small hotel towels. My friend noticed that the carpet edging was actually stapled to the wall. LOL classy! The beds were hard but at least the sheets were clean, even though the comforter was torn, stained, and cigarette burned. Oh, and there was NO CLOCK. I have never stayed in a room that had no clock. Weird. We also had to travel downstairs to the lobby for a crappy cup of coffee. Would have been nice to have a coffee maker in the room.

So overall - it's a good place if you are transiting from one place to another and desperately need a place to sleep. But I'd go $20 bucks more and look to another hotel if you want a good vacation room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stay if you dare. We booked this room so that we could take my sister to the airport when her vacation was over. Wish we'd canceled and stayed at the Hojo we booked when her plans changed last minute. The room was dingy smelled bad the bedcovers were threadbare with holes and smelled bad. The dresser was broken there were no towels in the bathroom and when we did get some they were washcloth sized and felt like sandpaper. The front desk was friendly though.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I had originally booked to stay here to two nights and decided to chek out at 5am after my first nights stay. Saying that the room was "newly remodeled" was an over statement to say the least. The Room decor was gross, the room smelled funky like old cigarettes even though it was a non-smoking room. The carpet was disgusting. If I was visually imparied I'd have assumed the carpet was moss due to the dampness of it. The bed was stiff and I actually checked the room and bed for bed bugs. The curtain covering the only window had a hole in it, that I was convinced was a bullet hole. We should have drove away as soon as I noticed pulling into the parking lot 2 men whom were already handcuffed getting ready to be taken away by a police officer. The door key also didn't work. I had to walk the whole length of the motel 2 times to get new keys to 2 different rooms since neither key worked. The only thing good about this motel was the bathroom was clean (even though it only had 1 towel for 2 guests and no shampoo or conditioner bottles, I'm surprised there was some cheap bar soap), had good water pressure and they refunded my 2nd night stay which I was billed for but never ended up using quickly. The only thing missing from this disgusting motel room was a chalk line of a dead body on the floor. Also their pool drains aren't split which means I hope your child doesn't get sucked to the pool bottom never to surface again. Spend and extra $20 and go to the Comfort Inn Cockatoo near LAX its beautiful and soooo worth he extra $20.

Room Tip: go anywhere else but here
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I have stayed at this Motel 6 4 times this year and each time I have had no issues. Not the best Motel 6, but certainly not the worst. My brother has stayed in other motels in the SF Valley charging far more and they were a lot worse. There is security in the parking area, the WiFi has always worked. They have done a lot of fixing up this Motel 6. It is clean. Pool looked nice, and it was clean. As it is on the low end price wise for L.A., the folks are a mixed lot. No major complaints.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2011

no microwave no coffee machine no shampoo no blow dryer smallass room and it smells funny. it is not worth the 85 bucks at all.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2010

The wifi does not work. The desk clerk argued with me and actually said "no, everybody is connected" without checking the router. He suggested I was the problem.

There was only a third cup of coffee available and it was cold. The sliding security lock on our door is broken off. The pool is the size of a walk-in closet. The mini-fridge is very old. The cable TV is low-tier satellite with fewer channels than HD broadcast. The dresser is missing a drawer. The shower drain is clogged. But the water is very warm, I'll give it that.

This is some old motel that must have bought a franchise because this was not built to be a motel 6.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Desk clerk is sour, unfriendly. We only got one key, although there were two adults in our room. The one key would not stay magnetised for more than one swipe. Had to go back to the desk to have key remagnetised EVERY time we needed to get into our room.
There was no coffee available, no clock in the room. Phone was not functional; the volume was so low that one couldn't hear thru it and the volume wouldn't adjust. Two tiny bars of facial soap, no bath soap. Not even any shampoo.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family