Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #153 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Was looking to find a hotel around Burbank under $150 a night, which is hard to find. This place had a very good location.

Otherwise, service very average. Asked for a quiet room away from elevator/stairs. After packing suitcases up all the way to 3rd floor only to find out we were directly beside the elevator. Had to go all the way back to lobby to ask for another room, then had to wait for 15 min while she finished with another customer. Room itself was ok, but for $140 not impressive thats for sure. Hairs in shower & on toilet, not the best cleaning job. Bed hard as a rock, felt like it and had a sore back when we woke up the next day. Whatever, could not find anything better for the price in the area. Was just ok.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carpediem808

Reviewed 30 October 2009

We just returned from a trip to LA and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Cahuenga for 5 nights. I chose it for its convenient location - just a 15 minute walk from the Universal Studios Theme Park. I just want to say thanks to Ben (GM) and his team for an excellent stay. They took care of us in every possible way and were extremely hospitable. The hotel looks small and has a dated exterior but comes with great service with a smile and value for money items like the complimentary breakfast and free internet in the lobby. Book your tickets from this PC before going to the theme park which saves you $ and time in the queue. Free parking was a boon as well. Book early for this hotel during peak season if you want to secure a room, we had 2 guys before us get turned away due to lack of vacancies but no fault on the part of the hotel. Keep up the good work guys and we'll surely come back again soon!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I whole-heartedly agree with previous three reviewers. Good free breakfast (hot and cold items to choose from), convenient free parking, free internet in lobby and in room, clean pool. Also, comfy bed, linens, pillows, plush towels, cute terrace, clean, spacious room with most of the amenities you would want. Super friendly and helpful staff (they went the extra mile compared to most hotels we have stayed). I think the management does a great job finding these folks. Don't let the somewhat dated exterior put you of, inside is nicely renovated. We walked to Universal Studios (10 min) and spent two days there. Also ate at a nearby pub (Henry's Hat) about a 5 min walk and had two memorable and well-priced meals there. Their drinks are incredible. Beware of the nearby convenience store down the road, it will try to rip you off if you look like a tourist (the woman tried to charge my Hubby $11.99 for a soda when she saw that he was from Canada...). Just off the freeway, so if you come by car, it's handy. We stayed there before and after a cruise from Long Beach and the best way to and from (also to and from LAX) is to reserve Super Shuttle. We paid $35 to LAX vs $90 by cab.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CanadiensFan1971
Reviewed 20 August 2009

Not only was this hotel clean and comfortable and the people who worked there were more than helpful! If you are planning a trip to Universal Studios you MUST stay here, it is a few blocks away from Universal Studios. Right off the freeway. The breakfast was great fresh baked cinamon rolls, omletes, sausage gravy and biscuits and many other choices. The room was very clean and we were given extra towels at check in. The indoor pool was clean and heated. Will stay here again and again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2009

If you want to go to Universal Studios, stay here. The hotel was very well equipped with nice room and bed, good breakfast (although not enough space in the dining room) and a 5 minute walk to Universal Studios. The hotel also had free wireless internet access. We arrived early and were checked into a room before 11am and when I asked if we could leave the car there for a few extra hours the following day after check out, were told that was no problem. For around £80 booked via their own website, this was spot on.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2009

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights 4 persons in one room for $317 tax included, free and fast internet on the rooms and from a pc in the lobby, free parking, free breakfast, free print of our tickets to Universal studios and boarding pass. The location is great if you are going to Universal Studios – 10 minutes walk. The rooms are clean, just big enough, nothing fancy, but delivered all we needed for the stay. The free PC in the lobby with the printer is a great service – which saved us several ours standing in line. When I went down to use it – one of the employees was using it – but she immediately offered it to me – even before I asked!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I looked for a well known motel close to The Greek Theater in Los Angeles, little did I know that all Holiday Inn Express Motels are not equal. I called an hour outside of town and asked if there was a chance that my room would be ready early, this was at noon. They told me that the room was not ready yet but would be by 1 pm. we arrived and was told that the room would not be ready for at least 2 more hours. We killed some time and returned. I have to say upfront that the parking was great as well as proximity to our venue. The good news ended there, Upon entering the room there was some type of carpet or room mask potpourri that was so overwhelming that I had to leave for several hours in hopes that it would subside. It did not, I took a short nap and woke up with that scent/gross flavor in my throat and nose. The view was of the hillside behind the building, the window at street window to an alley that was filthy with a collection of old mattresses strewn about, it looked like it could be used in the evening by the homeless.
The following morning I decided to go downstairs and check my email, there was a sign above the public computer asking that you limit your minutes in consideration of the other guests, when I came into the computer area the computer was being used by an employee. I went outside for 15 minutes, on returning the employee was still on the computer, I went back upstairs and gave up. I did not complain about any of the problems, I think you get what you pay for, live and learn. Oh, did I mention that the bed was like sleeping on the floor?

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Central L.A
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
The Garland
#16 of 358 in Los Angeles

Been to Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 3241 Cahuenga Blvd W, Los Angeles, CA 90068 (Formerly Clarion Inn)
Region: United States > California > Los Angeles > Central L.A
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#62 Business Hotel in Los Angeles
Price Range: £115 - £204 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 2.5*
Welcome to the Clarion Inn Los Angeles/Universal City! We are centrally located in the Los Angeles area, a very short distance from the studios and theme parks. For the Hollywood tourist, we are one mile from Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard. You can walk to numerous theaters and event centers. For the sports enthusiast, we are within a few miles of Dodger Stadium and the Staples Center. And, for the shopper, we are close to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. Our knowledgeable staff is ready to make your stay perfect. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles - Universal City - Cahuenga Hotel Los Angeles