“Scenic tour of coastline and downtown”
Review of Group 3 Aviation

Group 3 Aviation
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Helicopter tours of Los Angeles, Hollywood and Coast. Also exclusive Malibu picnic landings.
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My amazing flight instructor, Oren, was very kind and professional. He talked a little about where we were going and before I knew it we were near the helicopter. add the first flight of the day he had to perform the necessary checks, but that just made me feel safer! We flew over the valley, and his knowledge of social tidbits was amazing; i saw Justin Beiber's home and ABC's The Bachelor mansion. After that we went to the beach, flew down the coast of Malibu seeing all the beautiful coastal homes and into downtown where he was able to show me all the places i know from a new vantage point. Overall, this was a fantastic trip and I highly recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank d_gal10

Reviewed 5 March 2013

We had a great time at Group 3 Aviation. The employees were very friendly and helpful. The flight itself was excellent and led to some pretty incredible views of the city and coastline. Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend it to others.

1  Thank Ryan V
Reviewed 5 March 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to take the half hour Coast and Canyon tour and it was absolutely amazing. The pilot was extremely friendly and the views were incredible. They made you seem very comfortable and did a good job at putting our nerves at ease. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking to take a helicopter tour!

1  Thank Danica H
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with a Valentine's Day helicopter tour. We were running a lil late due to traffic but they staff was very understanding. Upon arrival we were greeted with smiles, champagne, 3 long stem roses and a beautiful spread of chocolate covered strawberries, cheese and fruit! Yum!

After a glass of champagne we headed outside for instructions and then we were off. It was dark outside and the lights were beautiful. We left Van Nuys airport and headed towards the Santa Monica Mtns, over Topanga Cyn down towards Santa Monica and got down to about 500 feet to see the pier with the lights on the Farris Wheel. Then continued on through the city towards downtown LA pointing out several landmarks. Then through Hollywood and back. A 45 min flight and well worth it. We were able to take video and stills. Another fun part is being able to talk to each other and the pilot through the microphone attached to the headphones for listening and being able to hear the chatter between the pilot and air traffic control.

We would highly recommend a helicopter tour with Group 3 whether it is a special occasion or not.

Thanks for a fun time!
A&J

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Last may i spent 3 months attending Group 3 Aviation in LA. After the lessons i passed the exam and i took my private license. I had the best experience in my life. In my opinion Group 3 is the best aviation school you can find on the west coast. I had 3 teachers and they were excellent. They explained me all is necessary to fly safely. everybody was helpful to me and the school was really well organized, you can even choose at what time you want lessons start! But for me and for my pleasure the best were the helicopters! Trust me, you'll fall in love with that place!