“As Close as You Can Get Outside of Philly!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Los Angeles, California
“As Close as You Can Get Outside of Philly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Boo's sandwich has all the components of a real Philly Cheesesteak. The best I've had outside Philadelphia itself. Perfectly seasoned, simmered, juicy beef. The roll was the right density to absorb the juice and not fall apart. The grilled onions were great. American white, provolone, or cheese whiz? Your choice. Several variations and several hoagies. Tasty Cakes for the purist. My big enough for two sandwich was less than $7. No atmosphere, but on the edge of Silverlake and Los Feliz where you can find all the atmosphere you need. I will go back soon.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sromeo

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Good Sandwich!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

I've been to Philadelphia, but I confess - I've never had a traditional Philly Cheesesteak so I have no basis for comparison. Nevertheless - the one I enjoyed yesterday at Boo's was terrific. My husband and I each ordered one and halfway through, realized that we could have split one! That didn't stop me from eating the entire thing though! The beef was perfectly peppery and tender - with plenty of grilled onions. Our cheese choice was provolone, but next time, I'm going for the gusto - CHEESE WHIZ! For transplanted Eastcoasters - Boo's has a lovely selection of Tastycakes.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laurie W
Los Angeles, California
“Finally Found It!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I've been looking for a great local Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and after several failed attemps found it at Boos. Very tasty, tender and juicy. Boos has several variations, so I can't wait to try them all.

• Visited May 2012