“you really can't beat it!!!”

Bevonshire Lodge Motel
Ranked #233 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
New York City, New York
“you really can't beat it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

it's the cheapest hotel in the world. and it's in the MIDDLE OF HOLLYWOOD. walk anywhere from here - all the touristy crap like the tar or the stars, or life stuff like groceries/movies/yoga.. you can sample LA proper at the raw food GROCERY store across the street (18$ for a 'green' 'live' 'ice cream' 'sundae') or dine deep three blocks away Batalli-style. easy bus to beach-canyon-desert-disney-universal.... seriously, what more do you want? ok... soooo they haven't cleaned behind the dresser in... I dunno... ever? but heck - who goes back there anyway! :) just kidding... kind of... I mean, it's clean enough, there's parking, there's a frige and a microwave and a super nice TV in each room... and my favorite part of the Bevonshire...? the owners. they are delightful, charming, kind, down to earth, zen. you see right away they WANT to do you right; they sincerely want you to be happy. I guess its because.... they are sincerely happy. both from Bangladesh... fabulous accent.... the kind of people you want to stay friends with. or at least send a Christmas card.
altogether my favorite little motel in the world.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jen T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Great Location. It's not the cosiest of places but it was clean. It had a hint of cigarette smoke in the air even if it was a non-smoking room. The bathroom and towels were good. Air conditioning was cold and we got a fridge.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dan W
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

The rooms are large and have a nice size fridge and microwave. There is no coffe or tea maker, no cups or glasses. The bathroom could have been cleaner. The advertised pool does not exist, filled with concrete and covered with astroturf... But the price was right and although the manager sounded unfriendly on the phone, he turned out to be a pretty nice guy.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank IRonyc O
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

I was initially frightened by some of the reviewes, especially the one talking about bugs and mold. Unless I missed something though, I didn't see any of that (I kind of wonder what was on the window but otherwise it was fine as far as I could tell). The room was clean.
The location was very good too! I was able to walk to Beverly Hills (where I needed to be). CBS is close by too which was very convient when I went to go see Craig Fergeson. I only needed this one night, but for the price and all things considered, it was okay.

My only complaints:
-The shower lost some of its heat. It wasn't cold, but I noticed it non the less
-It isn't the most inviting looking place. It was safe though.
-Whatever it was on the window. If that was mold, I'd be scared, but I don't know that it was and I don't think it was even on my side of the window

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Me W
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Location is great, down the street from Beverly Center and Beverly Connections (shopping). Carpets were dirty, I don't usually ever walk barefoot in hotel rooms. Tub, sink, and toilet was clean-ish. Minifrige was smelly. But it was very comfortable to sleep, room cooled down nicely. Wi-Fi. Pool is torn apart. Only stayed one night.

Room Tip: Might get a cheaper rate of you call, double rooms have more space, even if all you need is a single...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BrookeBoyd

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

My friend and I stayed here several years ago to go to a wedding. I was hoping for a funky and fun place that is close to shops and cafes. The location turned out to be great, but wow the room we stayed in was very very dumpy. I was truly disappointed and embarrassed that I booked such an awful room for us to stay for the weekend. The floors were dirty, the bathroom was dirty, everything smelled musty. It looked run-down and what I hated most was seeing built-in grime on the edges of the floors and walls. The bathroom door was grimy. Not a cozy place to stay; I think we avoided going back to the room until we had to.

Ever since staying there, I've been extra careful about researching a hotel before booking. I would recommend if you are staying at this location (Fairfax/Beverly) go for the Farmer's Daughter.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank twilight26
tucson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

No Joke...Bugs fell on my face in the middle of the night. This place is disgusting. If you don't mind camping inside a hotel, this place is for you. There was black mold in the bathroom and around the windows. The room was cold and there was a cigarette hole in the sheet. I did not walk barefoot in this room. It was in a good location but that was the only positive. The heater worked well but there was about 3 minutes worth of hot water. The water got cold almost immediately. If you want you can try...But the place smells like stale hot curry and garlic....It's just gross and the staff couldn't care less...Even though they did shoot us a smile. Germaphobes...AVOID AT ALL COST...Unless you reallllly like to rough it.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends