All reviewssanta monicasunset boulevardafternoon cookiesyogurtfree parkingbeverly hillsqueen roomtea and coffeea great place to stayevery morningnice breakfastsmall hotelclose proximityrooms are cleandesk stafflocation was perfectboutique hotel
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We were lucky to get a room for two nights with short notice. The location was good, easy to find and close to hwy 101 (and 1 actually, we took Sunset Boulevard from the coast).

The room was very nice and clean. Service at reception desk was forthcoming and very helpful. You could feel that it was a family owned place with only 21 rooms. Nice.

The area around the inn is safe and beautiful and we enjoyed a walk in Brentwood, admiring the beautiful houses and gardens.

We will stay here again if we come to LA.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Suggested by my partner's sister who had seen the review in the Daily Telegraph which was just as well as I was at my wit's end trying to decide where to stay.

Excellent in EVERY respect. The staff were fantastic - willingly giving of advice and suggestions - where to eat, sights to see, getting around etc. They provided maps and a restaurant list (which omitted the 'Tavern' on St. Vicente Blvd - that Brittain (manager) said he would amend). See my review on this restaurant.
Rooms a bit small but more than adequate - light, airy, fresh with fridge and free wi-fi and water. Milk and cookies served at 4pm and adequate breakfast that could be eaten in the room or the small garden with the 'water wall'. Ample free parking outside the rooms. Despite being on a rather busy junction you could have been in the country when the rush-hour(s) had subsided. Ten minute walk to the 'village' for good selection of shops, restaurants etc.
Will certainly stay here again if we return to CA.
We are a gay couple and felt 100% at home - the staff made us very welcome and were gay-friendly.

Enjoy. Stephen and Paul

Room Tip: We stayed here for a total of 4 nights in the room next to reception on both occasions.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We happened upon this spot because I had made a reservation at a motel in Brentwood, CA which we later learned is somewhere around San Francisco!! Talk about an error! Friends recommended The Brentwood Inn and we were REALLY lucky to get in. It's a delight and even though we lived in Santa Monica for a couple of years, we never spied this place. The employees are all so helpful and friendly; while the rooms are really small, they are well outfitted and it's easy to sit outside on a nice day (most days)! Breakfast is certainly not outstanding but plenty to keep the wolf from the door and we couldn't have been more pleased. Give it a try if you're in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the south end away from the major road
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carefree85377
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The Brentwood Inn throws in parking,wifi and breakfast with their v good value nightly rate, unheard of in LA! The rooms are comfortable and pleasantly appointed. Showers only no baths.
No movie channels on the TV. Good beds but awful lumpy pillows. In my room there was a problem with the hot water and I started my day with a stone cold shower! Still for $189 plus tax for a night in Brentwood it wasn't the end of the world. STaff on desk very helpful and friendly.
I would come again and next time I will request a room with no room on the floor above me

Room Tip: don't get a room on the ground floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hilzPalmSpringsCa
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed in this motel a couple of times when visiting LA. Always found the accommodation clean and comfortable. The reception staff are very helpful, and friendly. The breakfast is simple but adequate and free parking a bonus. Location is also pretty good. Happy to recommend :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple