I first stayed at this location 9 years ago. It was new and the staff was still happy to have you there. After a few occasions of hanging with friend for cocktails on the roof this hotel became my favorite in L.A. I recently moved across the country and wanted that "feeling" that I missed. So I stayed at the downtown location to bring back that old feeling of LA liveliness. The hotel seems the same. After almost 10 years I expected upgrades to match the rise in room prices. Everything was "standard" to say the least. Housekeeping wouldn't even bring a set of eating utensils to room because I brought in outside food.
I use to Love this place. Needless to say, I'm over it now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A downtown Los Angeles, California luxury boutique hotel located near the LA Convention Center. This business hotel features 207 guest rooms & suites, event space, rooftop bar and Biergarten, 24 hour restaurant & rooftop pool. The newest addition to the hotel is SPiN - a ping-pong club founded by Susan Sarandon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Downtown La Hotel Los Angeles
- Standard Hotel Los Angeles
- Standard Downtown La Los Angeles
- Standard Hotel La
- Standard Downtown La Hotel