I was very well taken care of at The Standard. From the moment I arrived, until check-out, I was treated like a star.
It began curbside, when the hotel's valet service helped unload my bags.
For your information, there are two options for parking at The LA Standard's downtown location. There is a well staffed valet, as well as an on-site parking structure. The difference in price is not noteworthy, and for the ease and convenience of valet, I suggest having your car parked by the professional and courteous staff.
The star treatment continued when we were upgraded from the Standard Double room, to the Humongous Suite.
Our extravagant room featured a generous couch, king sized bed, and desk that ran the width of the room.
With it's enormous, rectangular bathtub, separate shower stall area, considerable closet, and separate toilet area, there is ample room in the bathroom, allowing more than one person to get ready at once. In fact, there is so much space in the restroom that it boasts a scooter sized black foot art installation.
Wifi is included in your stay,and there are several cable TV channels available for viewing on the flat screen TV. Although between the rooftop bar, cute patio restaurant, and central location downtown, you definitely won't want to spend too much time in your room.
The Standard's 3rd floor gym is state of the art, though the decor harkens back to a decidedly lower tech era. The wood paneled walls, plaid carpeting, and photos of fitness heroes like Bruce Lee, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Wonder Women, make it easy to imagine you're working out in the basement of someone's house, circa 1978. Far from a negative, this only makes the space more endearing, and fun to work out in.
If there is one place on earth where everyone deserves to have "VIP" treatment, it's LA. My stay at The Standard was VIP from start to finish, and I guarantee I will visit there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A downtown Los Angeles, California luxury boutique hotel located near the LA Convention Center. This business hotel features 207 guest rooms & suites, event space, rooftop bar and Biergarten, 24 hour restaurant & rooftop pool. The newest addition to the hotel is SPiN - a ping-pong club founded by Susan Sarandon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Downtown La Hotel Los Angeles
- Standard Hotel Los Angeles
- Standard Downtown La Los Angeles
- Standard Hotel La
- Standard Downtown La Hotel