Palihotel
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Holloway Motel(West Hollywood)
View Hotel
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)
  • Restaurant
Palihouse West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
  • Restaurant
Alta Cienega Motel(West Hollywood)
View Hotel
All reviewsmelrose avewest hollywoodboutique hotelfront deskqueen roomfunky decorcute hotelglass doorla standardsin house restaurantmini barbed and breakfastfarmers marketstayed two nightswater pressurethe staff was friendly and helpfulone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Cons:
- walls are paper thin. We could hear conversations in adjacent rooms, we could hear pots and pans banging and people walking above us and in hallways. I don't think we had one good night's sleep.
- dirty towels were supplied with random (fresh looking) stains
- no temperature control, at the mercy of central system which seemed to be on freeze mode most of the time
- dark rooms, depressing decor
- expensive hotel parking

Pros
- awesome location

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Matt L
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a pretty nice hotel, got a good deal. Parking was not a problem, of course you have to pay extra but this is LA. Rooms where ok, a/c temp was ok, but I went beginning of April. If you are planning on going out partying, stay on sunset, the city has a trolley for free and drives to where bars and clubs are.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PalihouseManagement, General Manager at Palihotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Hello Carlos G,

It was a treat having you at Palihotel, hopefully we will see you again in the very near future.
Thank you for taking the time to write this very nice review.
Don't hesitate to contact me to arrange any future visits to LA and Palihotel.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We spent four nights at this hotel and really really enjoyed our stay. It was quiet, in our room we could hear no street noise or noise from any other guests. The bed and pillows were comfortable, the towels thick and soft and the rain shower head was wonderful. The furnishings and the room are simple, but everything we needed was provided. The staff was friendly and helpful. We ate breakfast there two mornings and it was fresh and delicious. Breakfast isn't available on Sunday (until later) but the staff recommended a deli right around the corner where we were able to get what we wanted. It is located in a safe, quiet area and there are restaurants within walking distance. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to L.A.

Room Tip: We were in room 217, a queen room. There was no good view from this room but we weren't in the room that much for that to be a factor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello Opieks,

We are already preparing for your next visit!
it was a pleasure to have you with us at Palihotel and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We just checked out of the Palihotel Melrose, and I can say without a doubt that we will be checking in again as soon as we get back to LA. From first to last, this property is organized, charming, efficient and friendly. Front desk staff is engaging without being intrusive, and we especially appreciate the great room that Taren and her colleague arranged for us. (all front of house staff was exceptional, but Taren was a standout)

We have stayed in a few LA properties which were all nice in their own way - from small boutique (Avalon Beverly Hills) to larger, higher-end properties (The Standard Downtown and WeHo, Andaz West Hollywood, The Biltmore) and while all of those are lovely properties, neither matched the coziness and élan of the Palihotel. The rooms at Palihotel are well appointed, and they have made the brilliant move to get rid of phones in the rooms - I swear every time I see a phone in the hotel room I wonder if I've entered a time-warp - I can't remember the last time I used a hotel phone. Beds are comfortable, wifi is fast, and the water-pressure is strong - fabulous! As I do a lot of travel for business I can say that the room is excellent for both business needs and personal travel needs

The neighbourhood is super - we easily walked to the Farmer's Market and LACMA. And there is an abundance of good eats both in the hotel (The Heart and the Hunter) and in the hood (I recommend Plan Check on Fairfax - especially the fried chicken).

We're looking forward to our next stay in this super hotel!

Room Tip: We got a second floor room at the far-end of the hotel and it was excellent.

Hello Yul-Guy,

We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Palihotel. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this awesome review.
Taren, myself and the entire team can not wait to welcome you back to Palihotel!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon in October 2013. The hotel was just what we hoped for. We were greeted by great check in staff who told us how to make the most out of our limited time in L.A. As a result of their recommendation we opted to have lunch at the Farmers Market which was a fabulous experience.
Our room was great - the colours made it feel cosy, the bed was super comfy and it just had a great vibe. Now for the downside - we were in the first room past reception. The two areas are seperated only by a curtain. I can sleep through background noise; however the reception area was playing music well after midnight. I couldn't make out what it was but the constant beat was annoying beyond belief. This is the time when you miss a phone in your room! I had to get dressed to go to reception. The guy didn't seem to be too bothered by my complaint and wasn't in a hurry to turn the music down. No apology either. Very dangerous when talking to a sleep deprived customer! I settled back into my room and a few minutes later the music was turned off. I quickly drifted off to sleep.
The restaurant attached to the hotel was AMAZING and we had the nicest meal of our entire honeymoon there. Staff were super - very attentive and helpful. We did have to wait a while on our food but we didn't mind at all as we enjoyed some wine, beer and the atmosphere.
All in all I loved this hotel but if I was to visit again I would opt to pay for a better grade room to avoid reception noise.

Room Tip: Opt for one away from reception - the curtain doesn't block out the noise!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PalihouseManagement, General Manager at Palihotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Hello Lindaloulough,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I am very happy that overall you enjoyed our hotel.
We have scheduled times to lower the music levels and it is completely off overnight.
I deeply apologize for the agent being unhelpful and rude, we thrive on giving the best customer service to our guest and this actions will definitely not be accepted.
I would love to welcome you back in the near future, I promise you will have the most amazing experience ever.
Please don't hesitate to contact me directly so I can organize your reservation.