“Definitely worth a visit”

Annenberg Space for Photography
Ranked #47 of 539 things to do in Los Angeles
Hollister
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Definitely worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were able to enjoy the National Geographic photo exhibit during our stay in L.A. The building and grounds are beautiful, parking was easy and the exhibit was really just the right size. I wish we hadn't had to endure the large and noisy school group that was there that day but it was still a wonderful trip and I look forward to seeing another offering in the future.

• Indonesian first
Los Angeles, California
208 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“Definitely Worth the Trip. Easy Parking (sort of...)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I heard the National Geographic exhibition was terrific. I decided to head there today because tomorrow is the end of the exhibit. The physical gallery is small...but the display was beautifully executed. I've heard about other fine exhibits they've had. I would return. This exhibit showed so many fine photos on well lit high definition televisions.
Because it was the last weekend for this publicized show, it was crowded. I suggest going to a show earlier in the cycle. I waited 25 minutes to get in....and it was cozy in the galleries.
Parking is easy and accessed off of Constellation Blvd between Ave of the Stars and Century Park East. It took a while to get in as security was checking everyone's trunks. I was also told that someone who had their dogs in the car was told to leave. Lucky me today because I didn't have my dog with me. Don't bring your pets. They aren't allowed in the parking structure. Make sure to get your ticket validated at the gallery. On the weekend parking is only $1.00. It was very confusing when I was leaving because I couldn't find a pay station as they have in malls. (I was told to pay at the pay station.) The machines at the exits take credit cards.
There is no entrance fee to the photo gallery.

Milford, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“National Geographic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Seeing the amazing display of 500 photos was overwhelming. The fresh way of displaying these photos made the experience so much more enjoyable. It is wonderful that the museum is free and even validates parking.

62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Exhibits always worth the effort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have been to many exhibits here, but the 125 Years of National Geographic is our favorite so far. They have managed to fit thousands of images into the tiny gallery by using monitors, film, and interactive touch screens. If possible, try to visit during the week when it is not as crowded. One of the very few free gallery/museums in the city, they even validate your parking down to $1. Only through April 27, 2014, so see it if you can!

1 Thank Mah_Murrini
Los Angeles, California
“Favorite art destination in LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice now for different exhibits, and both times were amazing. See the national geographic photography 125 year anniversary exhibit before it's too late!