“Not to be missed!”

Ranked #7 of 593 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic, this concert hall is designed to be one of the most acoustically sophisticated in the world.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

If you're in LA make sure you spend a couple of hours here. A stunning building with a superb audio tour to accompany you around the inside and outside of the Hall. Parking very near by and not too expensive-we paid $10 for unlimited parking after noon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,579)

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This is a fantastic place to see a show. The acoustics dazzle and the night is classy from head to toe. I know this is sacrilege, but I'd suggesting taking the subway to get there and ubering home.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

If you like architecture, or even if you don't, go on the free tour of the concert hall. I went two years ago with a guide, and last week again using the audio recording narrated by John Lithgow. Both were excellent, in fact, using the hand held device means you can linger where you want. You can hear architect Frank Gehry speak, along with others involved in this stunning achievement.
Next time we are in LA, maybe we will actually get to a concert there!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I could stand and look at the outside of the Disney Concert Hall all day long, but I would never go here for a concert again. The way it is built, with the seats going up at very steep incline is horribly uncomfortable. I felt like I was in a fishbowl. I have seen several concerts here from classical to David Byrne and Ive not enjoyed a single one. Aside from that, the interior of the hall is far from elegant. When I go to a concert hall to see a performance, I expect the same glitz on the indise as I do on the outside. I have to say, the interior looks cheap. Sorry Disney…

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have enjoyed going to the Walt Disney Concert Hall. When we go we usually stay at the Omni Hotel. It is walking distance to the concert hall. The exterior of the concert hall is very unique; its a place that many people love to photograph. When going in and seeing a concert, we find that the views from the seats are quite good. Sound system is excellent. It is an enjoyable way to see a show. We have been a few times. Our favorite time there was seeing Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy there on New Years eve several years back. It was an awesome way to bring in the New Year.

When in the LA area, we generally check the venue's web site to see what events are going on and see if we are interested in attending. The hall is the resident home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra and we have enjoyed seeing them at the concert hall on our recent visit.