“Silly Name, GREAT Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Silly Name, GREAT Food”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

With a modestly dressed interior, don't be alarmed, for they clearly spend more time on creating delicious dishes. The falafels are oh so tasty! They have a great option on the menu to have an entree consisting of a variety of their grilled meat. So you pretty much get to try their menu in one sitting.

• Visited August 2014

• Hungarian first
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing food, generous portions, awesome customer service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Joe's Falafel is my go-to place whenever I'm too lazy to cook dinner (trust me, it happens often). My go-to dish is the chicken kabob plate. It comes with a generous helping of chicken over a bed of rice, plus a side of salad and hummus. It also comes with a thick pita, but you should make sure to grab one of their homemade lafa. Their food is consistently yummy and because of its generous size, I can usually split up my plate into two meals.

If you are fortunate to meet Joe himself, he will make you feel right at home. He often sends us home with a small baggie of desserts to try and he and his staff are always polite and attentive.

• Visited August 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
“YUMMY amazing food”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had the chicken shawarma in the homemade lafa since I have had that dish may times in the time I can be a very good opinion giver. You could see the meat cooking right behind the counter, and the bread is made right there in front of you. It was so fresh and delicious! Joe actually brought us an extra because he thought we'd ordered it, but since no one had claimed it, told us to keep it!

The watermelon slices at the end were a refreshing surprise! Joe's Falafel was definitely the highlight of our restaurant experience in LA, I can't wait to go again and again and again!

• Visited June 2014
Millstone, New Jersey
“Such an awesome dining experience”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have never been so excited to write a review! And a 5 star review, nonetheless (I'm a harsh critic)!

We drove over to Joe's Falafel after a hike up to the Hollywood sign. The owner Joe and everyone on staff was so welcoming and attentive! As soon as we (a group of 14 college kids) sat down, he rushed over with plates of falafels for us to try.

On to the food! I had the chicken shawarma in the homemade lafa since I have never had either. You could see the meat cooking right behind the counter, and the bread is made right there in front of you. It was so fresh and delicious! Joe actually brought us an extra gyro because he thought we'd ordered it, but since no one had claimed it, told us to keep it! I actually liked the gyro better (I'm a sucker for a delicious tzatziki sauce), but the shawarma was flavorful and very filling.

The watermelon slices at the end were a refreshing surprise! Joe's Falafel was definitely the highlight of my restaurant experience in LA (and it's been 10 weeks)! I can't wait to go again and again and again!

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“"Genuine Mediterranean" with Mediterranean Hospitality!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

When you get a chance to visit in the Middle East and experience Mediterranean restaurant, you find that the food taste so much better and not just because of its quality.

One of the most important ingredient in a Mediterranean restaurant is the HOSPITALITY! a place where you always feel welcomed and almost always get something you did not expect.

At Joe's, you always feel like you are visiting an old friend; you are greeted with a welcoming smile and the staff usually knows you and your favorite food. You will often be served with free items which are not on the menu, such as a cold slice of watermelon or a fresh cup of Turkish Coffee.

Back to the food... there is nothing close in taste or quality to Joe's Falafel or Shawarma in a hundred mile radius!'. For a "fast food" restaurant, there is no better than Joe's with any cuisine

Way to go JOE