I specifically booked a suite with separate living room and bedroom so that teenagers and adults have privacy. Was assured that was what I was booking. When I got there, there was no such suite available. The hotel is in a bad area of Hollywood. All businesses around it have bars on windows. Hotel's lobby is locked shut. While we were there asking to have our reservation canceled, a disoriented person tried to get in, but desk clerk would not unlock door. We wanted our reservations canceled, but desk clerk refused. We left there and found a wonderful Hotel 6 on Whitley Street less than a block off of Hollywood Blvd. in a nice area. Hollywood Downtowner still charged us for the room we had reserved. My advice, don't choose this hotel. Check out the Motel 6 on Whitley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hollywood Downtowner Inn is truly the "Chev Vous at the Walkway of the Stars" located minutes from Universal, Paramount, Nickelodeon and Gower studios, Kodak, Mann's Chinese, Egyption, Arclight, El Capitan, Greek, Pantages Theaters. Griffith park with in walking and a great hike to the observatory. Rooms featuring king or two double beds and some efficiency suites as well. Pool and hot breakfast each morning before you get on the various tours that can be arrranged to all attractions and star homes. There is complimentary parking, WiFi, HBO/Cable TV, refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, iron with board and in-room coffee in all rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hollywood Downtowner Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Downtowner Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Downtowner Motel