“Loved it.”

Hollywood Downtowner Inn
Ranked #153 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Great location, friendly staff and a great breakfast.
The staff were very helpful and its close to walk to everything and only a 5 minute drive to Universal Studios.
Its good for the money you pay and our rooms were cleaned every day.
My friends and i had a great time and i would stay here again on my next trip to LA.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank TaylorVegas
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Downtowner Inn

Reviewed 25 November 2011

Our car was broken into and rifled through right in front of the door. Very unsafe area and rude owners!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Lettersvsnumbers
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The hotel was clean looked very nice with the palm trees around the pool and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We paid 70 USD per night and that included a very delicious breakfast next door. We will definetely stay there for our next L.A. trip.
It's perfectly located near the highway and just 5 min drive East from the Kodak Theatre.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ducktailcat
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Rooms badly renovated,bad location,breakfast looks nothing like the web page,toilet works when it wants to,shower water runs away from the drain,tv OLD,building sad, reception locked,GIVE IT A MISS.

Room Tip: We were at the front VERY NOISY all night,spend a bit more go someware nice
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank barrie m
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I stayed for three nights on my own here - I had not pre booked and walked in, which I would only suggest if you hadn't already booked somewhere (they were actually pretty busy so I was lucky) - and upon arrival I was greeted by friendly young staff who may have been new but you can't really hold that against anyone - the only time you should be in a huge rush on holiday is when you're on the way to the airport!
The room was fresh and clean, spacious and a big relief from what I expected I may have walked into randomly on Hollywood Boulevard. A good, powerful shower with complimentary soaps, tea and coffee and a television.
There is a pool, although I didn't use it as being I was on my own and out most of the time - probably more suitable for families staying, you may as well make the most out of it.
The morning breakfast was quite nice; a soya option would be good but not that many places do soya funnily enough. There are several options; waffles, eggs, fruit, juice, coffees...
This place has free wifi and generously allow guests to use their personal laptop inside the office if they need to. It is family run, which adds a nice touch to a venue, and the managers are very friendly and helpful. They know the city so ask them what's where and how if you need to.
Hollywood Downtowner Inn is also affiliated with a taxi service a few doors up which gives you a much better deal on cab fares than the regular Hollywood cabs, and Bechir also knows his way around.

I travel on my own a lot and as a female this can be tricky in certain places - I've developed a pretty good intuition for picking out the good from the bad, and these are good people who are happy to help and want to see you have a good time. I've stayed in plenty of places where people really don't give a [--].

Room Tip: A room with a good amount of natural light coming through is always nice but if you want to sleep la...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ladybirdladybird111
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The Hollywood Downtowner Inn is a good place to stay; nice and clean rooms, a swimming pool, near Universal Studios (a ten minute ride), free parking space and the breakfast is also great! Hollywood Boulevard is a short walk. We had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank L B
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I specifically booked a suite with separate living room and bedroom so that teenagers and adults have privacy. Was assured that was what I was booking. When I got there, there was no such suite available. The hotel is in a bad area of Hollywood. All businesses around it have bars on windows. Hotel's lobby is locked shut. While we were there asking to have our reservation canceled, a disoriented person tried to get in, but desk clerk would not unlock door. We wanted our reservations canceled, but desk clerk refused. We left there and found a wonderful Hotel 6 on Whitley Street less than a block off of Hollywood Blvd. in a nice area. Hollywood Downtowner still charged us for the room we had reserved. My advice, don't choose this hotel. Check out the Motel 6 on Whitley.

Room Tip: rooms are pretty, area outside the room possibly dangerous, open to street.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family