We stayed here for 5 days, with our 5 year old son and friends of ours stayed in another room. Our friends room had been recently renovated and included a kitchenette, which all looked great. Despite our room being unrenovated and needing a bit of a revamp the room was clean and the bed very comfortable.(It looks like they are in the process of renovating rooms as they become available). Not that we heard any noise at all. The only complaint would be the heater was noisy and 1 lamp in the room was a bit dodgy which we informed the front desk so I`m sure they have rectified that by now. This would not stop us staying here again. The price and the position was ideal for us. The pool was clean and looked inviting, but too cold in December for us to use.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and joked around with the kids. The breakfast next door was good for a free meal, the hot food selection varied a bit day to day, just one of the kitchen staff was very grumpy. Is a great place to bring kids and not worry about them being a bit noisy. They had seating for big groups, (our group being 8 people).
There are restaurants, bottle shop within walking distance from the hotel. The hollywood walk of fame is a short drive away (we drove as we have little kids and they can`t walk that far without whingeing). Apparently a subway is nearby.
This is a great hotel, value for money and we loved the retro, funky look. If you want to just sit in your room and not see the sights, you will need to spend more and go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hollywood Downtowner Inn is truly the "Chev Vous at the Walkway of the Stars" located minutes from Universal, Paramount, Nickelodeon and Gower studios, Kodak, Mann's Chinese, Egyption, Arclight, El Capitan, Greek, Pantages Theaters. Griffith park with in walking and a great hike to the observatory. Rooms featuring king or two double beds and some efficiency suites as well. Pool and hot breakfast each morning before you get on the various tours that can be arrranged to all attractions and star homes. There is complimentary parking, WiFi, HBO/Cable TV, refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, iron with board and in-room coffee in all rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hollywood Downtowner Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Downtowner Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Downtowner Motel