What's most important to me when selecting a hotel is cleanliness, affordability, and location. Our room and bathroom were clean. The price was right. And, the location wasn't bad although I would have preferred something closer to West Hollywood because that turned out to be my favorite spot in LA. There aren't as many lodging choices in West Hollywood, and what's there is probably more expensive. My husband and I spend very little time in our hotel room when traveling. We like to be out and about. So, The Hollywood Downtowner served its purpose as a place to sleep and shower. It's east of the sights in Hollywood, but you can walk to them. It's close to Koreatown. The staff was very nice, friendly, and happy to help. There was a/c, a fridge, microwave, closet with hangers, an iron, small coffeemaker, and alarm clocks. There isn't a fan in the bathroom so that's a con. The ice machine was broken. Bonus to have free parking though! There's a buffet-style breakfast that's included with the price. It's served two doors down from the hotel at Hot Taco. Basically, the hotel folks pay the Taco people to use their space in the mornings. Breakfast is served from 7:30-9:30. We got there at 7:30 the first morning, but the chef was late and breakfast wasn't served until 8am. A little frustrating when we wanted to hit the road first thing. We heard through the grapevine that this wasn't the first time this happened. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage patties, make-your-own waffles, canned fruit cocktail, breads for toasting, coffee, oj, milk, cereal (Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, and Cookie Crisp - I would have appreciated a non-sugar choice), rice, beans, dried fruit, and a cheese plate. Some strange items. We only ate there twice because we weren't happy with it. The second day, there was a hair in the scrambled eggs I served to myself. Last comment, there's a pool that I was told wasn't heated. It wasn't crystal clear, but it looked clean. However, there was a sign on the gate to the pool stating that people who have had active diarrhea in the past 14 days are asked not to use the pool. We decided not to take a dip based on that sign.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hollywood Downtowner Inn is truly the "Chev Vous at the Walkway of the Stars" located minutes from Universal, Paramount, Nickelodeon and Gower studios, Kodak, Mann's Chinese, Egyption, Arclight, El Capitan, Greek, Pantages Theaters. Griffith park with in walking and a great hike to the observatory. Rooms featuring king or two double beds and some efficiency suites as well. Pool and hot breakfast each morning before you get on the various tours that can be arrranged to all attractions and star homes. There is complimentary parking, WiFi, HBO/Cable TV, refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, iron with board and in-room coffee in all rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hollywood Downtowner Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Downtowner Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Downtowner Motel