Location is relatively good, a walking distance from the nearest Red Metro line and 2 stops from Chinese Theatre.
The place really looks like it was transformed into a motel. Rooms are old and smelly. shower is outdated and the big old TV completes the 80's look and feel.
Our room was facing the sun, so the room was hot all the times as we needed to turn AC on a lot, but it was or extremely cold, or extremely hot.
Breakfast was down the street, and was above the average with an happy and bizarre old man as the host / cook.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hollywood Downtowner Inn is truly the "Chev Vous at the Walkway of the Stars" located minutes from Universal, Paramount, Nickelodeon and Gower studios, Kodak, Mann's Chinese, Egyption, Arclight, El Capitan, Greek, Pantages Theaters. Griffith park with in walking and a great hike to the observatory. Rooms featuring king or two double beds and some efficiency suites as well. Pool and hot breakfast each morning before you get on the various tours that can be arrranged to all attractions and star homes. There is complimentary parking, WiFi, HBO/Cable TV, refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, iron with board and in-room coffee in all rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hollywood Downtowner Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Downtowner Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Downtowner Motel