I think we were given the worst room in the place...even though I had booked it months in advance.
Our room had a creepy dark vibe...not much room to move around...and the view of the Hollywood sign couldn't be enjoyed due to the window being absolutely filthy.
I did ask if we could be moved to a different room...but got no response...and it actually became depressing toward the end of our stay.
We knicknamed it our 'prison cell'
The hotel offers complimentry breakfast every morning which is hosted by the nearby diner. That was the only good thing.
Location is very poor...having to walk past homeless people who line the street outside. That made the stay even more depressing.
Time seemed to drag on...and when our prison sentence was over...I was so glad when got to pack up and leave.
Would I stay again?.....NOPE
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hollywood Downtowner Inn is truly the "Chev Vous at the Walkway of the Stars" located minutes from Universal, Paramount, Nickelodeon and Gower studios, Kodak, Mann's Chinese, Egyption, Arclight, El Capitan, Greek, Pantages Theaters. Griffith park with in walking and a great hike to the observatory. Rooms featuring king or two double beds and some efficiency suites as well. Pool and hot breakfast each morning before you get on the various tours that can be arrranged to all attractions and star homes. There is complimentary parking, WiFi, HBO/Cable TV, refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, iron with board and in-room coffee in all rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hollywood Downtowner Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Downtowner Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Downtowner Motel