“Great location, excellent value!”

Wilshire Crest Hotel
Ranked #126 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 September 2011

A ten minute walk from The Grove and Farmers Market and a five minute ride from Beverly Hills, this was a brilliantly located hotel for those whose budget doesn't stretch to the Hilton or the Intercontinental or who can happily do without the grand ambiance of these places. And with 99c stores around the corner to stock up on necessaries - a comfortable buffer against the shock of taxi fares in LA. Big rooms, everything worked, friendly staff. Kosher breakfast and free wifi - for me I would like to have seen better door locks and lockable safes in the room, though safety deposit was available at front desk. Also be advised, no elevator. But it's been there a long time and gave a nice sense of family tradition and history which put the tinseltown Rodeo Drive into great perspective. Definitely my first choice when I hopefully return to LA!!

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I really loved my stay at this hotel! When i walked into my room i thought it was so big, but i AM from new york,lol. There was a comfy king sized bed and tons of space to lay out and hang my things. Theres plenty of outdoor space if you want to sit and chat with friends outside and the front desk is helpful as well. The breakfast has a great spread, hard boiled eggs, fruit, sweet pastries and bagels etc. and i always left really full and satisfied! Most of all the place was clean and everyone seemed happy to have me. I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I asked for a quiet room and i get the most noisy one. They accept very noisy group of people, and didn't inform me when i reserve my room, they offered me like 10% on 2 nights because i went very upset and angry. Very poor service on this hotel.
I don't understand the other votes. I went from a Motel 6 at 55 a night and i get really better service.
The worst hotel i ever spend night in my entire life.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Avisurtout
Tomasy35, Guest Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

These are not the type of reviews we are used to. However, I do want to aplogize that we did not meet your expectations. I am glad that our staff tried to make you somewhat happier by offering you a discount due to your compliants.
While I understand your frustraions regarding the noise of some of the other guests, I hope you realize that was not caused by the hotel itself. Our staff goes to great lengths to ensure a most comfortable relaxing stay for all of our visitors.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I do noy understand the high praise this hotel gets. I only booked here due to the rave reviews. First of all if security is at all important to you, stay away. Interior doors are wooden. Our room had the safety latch removed, so we wedged a chair under the knob. On the first floor, rear there's a back door that remains unlocked most of the time. You can hear everything going on in the other rooms, including slamming doors at all hours of the night.
There's also no parking lot, so you have to take your chance on the street and this is not an easy thing to do.
They do offer a breakfast off the lobby, but it's awful! Also, the seats in the dining area were filthy.After complaining upon checkout the best they could do was 10 percent off.
I was so disappointed in this hotel and it has shaken my faith in Tripavisor reviews. Please do not be fooled as I was.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank intothewoods
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The Wilshire Crest Hotel is the ideal place for the kosher traveler. We were in L.A. in August and booked two rooms for our family. The room rates are very reasonable, and the rooms are spacious, clean and nicely updated. The staff is friendly and helpful and someone is always at the front desk. The hotel is in a wonderful location, nearby many kosher restaurants and many L.A. attractions and shopping centers. A kosher continental breakfast is available every morning. The owner, Aaron, is very friendly and works hard to see that all his guests are pleased with everything. If we find ourselves traveling to L.A. again, it is the only hotel we would make our reservations at.

Thank Linda and Howar... L
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Overrated.Extremely overrated.It is an average hotel without an elevator or bellboys.
Yes,it's clean and well located but sleep quality is very very poor in some rooms as you hear traffic noise from fairfax avenue.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed here when a family member was in a reality show at nearby CBS. It was very convenient to the farmer's market and the Grove shopping, and very comfortable and quiet. The staff was great and we will do it again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Tomasy35, Guest Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Thank you for writing us a nice review. We strive to provide a comfortable stay for our guests. We look forward to your next visit.