Wilshire Crest Hotel
Elan Hotel(Los Angeles)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Average 3/5
All reviewsfarmers marketstreet parkingbagelseuropean style hoteltar pitshard boiled eggsno elevatorquiet neighborhoodrooms are largesmall refrigeratorwest hollywoodboutique hotelfree breakfast isrodeo drivecomfortable bedswi ficlean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I with our two teenage daughters stayed here for a week in January 2014.
We found the hotel itself to be very pleasant and good value for money. The rooms were spacious,comfortable, clean and tidy. The staff were lovely and very helpful. We felt safe walking around the area. The Farmers Market where we ate most nights was within walking distance as were LACMA , and the Tar Pit Museum ( both worth seeing)

Louise Brockway

2  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Easy place to be; beds super comfy and the tv had a ton of channels from which to choose. Parking on the street was a little bit of a hassle, but not insurmountable. Simple but sufficient breakfast. Good location in the middle of the city.

2  Thank grateful2
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Spent an entire week at the hotel and found it thoroughly enjoyable .
The room was spacious, the decor understated with very comfortable bed , a small fridge and windows that one could open. The hotel was very clean . Loved sitting outside under an umbrella where the chairs are comfortable and the WI-FI reception excellent .
Walking distance to LACMA, Whole Foods, Farmers Market etc. was priceless !
I opted not to have a car and got picked up from LAX by SUPER SHUTTLE which I highly recommend as it is both inexpensive and allows one to sightsee while other passengers are being dropped off.

2  Thank Olasek
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I write this as a post-op patient who used this hotel during recovery. I can only say that it was the next best thing to home. The ground floor room I was provided with was spacious, clean, comfortable -- my surgeon came to check on me in my room, and he too commented on the excellent hygiene and general spaciousness. In fact, I was recommended to this hotel by his staff, as many of his patients have stayed at this hotel with great success. I was looking for something cost-friendly but safe, clean, and welcoming -- this hotel completely surpassed my expectations. The location was more than excellent -- as soon as I was able to walk, I could get my daily groceries etc from the local Whole Foods (very close) and dollar store (even closer!) CVS, KMart in the same shopping complex as WF. It's also extremely close to the good bus line which took me to farther locations.

There's a living-room-like lobby, where I often made phone calls or just printed from the computer, and a nice courtyard in the back as well as a little patio in the front -- I made avail of all these extra spots, and they made the stay even more home-like -- so many options to situate yourself! :)

Last but certainly not least, Ross at the front desk is an incredible asset to the hotel -- he's helpful, respectful, CARING!, considerate....and highly efficient. He gave us great tips on how to use the bus, and was just so kind to me and to my (elderly) parent who was in caretaker capacity. He carried UPS boxes to our room, so obligingly, and some of them were heavy with special foodstuffs (post-op) and supplements/medicines. I brought a therapeutic small exercise equipment for my stay, and he wheeled that into the room as well AND packed it up for us when we were leaving, as I was not able to do this work and my parent is weakened by arthritis. This goes well beyond "just business" and this is what he adds to the overall excellent experience.

We were allowed to store some ice packs/special frozen foods in the general fridge/freezer, and that too was very helpful.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. I was staying in a "medical tourist" capacity more than a "vacationing tourist" and even so, I found the hotel catapulted higher than expectations.

You won't be sorry if you choose this hotel!

(Shout-out to Ross! Thanks again!)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MsM80
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This is a quaint, clean and cozy hotel thats perfect for a great night's sleep. The hotel staff were warm, kind and supportive. It's placed in an excellent location, actually a perfect location, what else do you need?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family