“A great boutique hotel in the best location in the city” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wilshire Crest Hotel

Wilshire Crest Hotel
Ranked #120 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Colorado
“A great boutique hotel in the best location in the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We've stayed here before, we still love this hotel and will stay again when we come back next year, but there are some cleaning issues that we did not notice before. I would say that it was impeccable in the past, but there is dust on baseboards, there was trash under our bed, also the continental breakfast was not kept up as in the past, there was still plenty of food, but when people used the tables, they were not cleaned off. By the end of the service, the bananas were gone and the coffee was a little cool. Someone had left bagels in the toaster and they were not removed by the staff, also the trash was not emptied until it was overflowing. I know this seems picky, but this hotel would not have allowed that in the past.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very nice, but we prefer the rooms on the street with a view of the patio even...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank retiredtravelers30

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hebrew first
Cambria, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is 2 minutes from Cedar Sinai Hospital. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are large and clean. The TV is a huge flat panel. The room has a fridge and air conditioning. The front desk is always kind and helpful. The only thing missing is a hair dryer. But no big deal. Nice neighborhood and well kept.

Room Tip: Bring a hair dryer and I like the king size rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vespagal27
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

First visit to LA and consider ourselves luck to pick this hotel. Nothing is ever perfect but if you tick of the important things like location, nice clean/comfortable room, value for money and really helpful staff you can't go wrong. You have to park in the streets so it can be pot luck but if you are out early (and why would you not be to see the sights) then any parking restrictions are not a problem.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fidge1
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had such a wonderful experience. I had to write a review.
The room was clean and spacious. The location of the hotel is safe.
Customer service was excellent.
I highly recommend Wilshire Crest Hotel.
Must visit!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Oakland, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

the hotel has no parking. you get a tag to park on the street in the same block as the hotel. it's a real pain as there are just no spaces at night. complicating the problem is the restricted parking for street cleaning two nights a week.
there is no dedicated handicap parking anywhere nearby. the only handicap ramp can't be used at night as the door it goes to is locked. y
the hotel has no ice buckets or machine.
the television is complicated and there are no instructions or channel list.
there is no electrical outlet near the bed. the hotel finally found an extension cord so that i could use a computer on the bed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The room in this hotel was DIRTY. The bathroom had not been cleaned from the other guests, there was hair on the floor and the glasses has some kind of gross stuff in them. We had booked a queen room, they assigned us to a double bed. They stated they didn't have any rooms available. We slept uncomfortably. The staff was rude and not friendly at all. All the doors to the rooms slammed shut, so I woke up periodically during the night from people entering and exiting their rooms.

As for the breakfast, the toaster would get overheated and would stop working after only two people had used it (this occurred all three mornings we were there). On one morning, they ran out of bread for breakfast. They serve continental breakfast

When we left I informed the manager of the issues we encountered, he stated that he would do something about it, in terms of a refund. I didn't ever see anything happen. Not one penny of compensation/refund even though my husband and I were told they would contact Priceline and give us a partial refund.

There is street parking available around the hotel but you do spend some time trying to find a spot.

The location is great, very close to some attractions.

I would never stay here again, this was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in and totally overpriced. I would say this is a two star hotel, not a three star one.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elly_Canada
Tomasy35, Guest Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our prime Los Angeles location. I do apologize that your expectations were not met at our hotel. I will investigate the items your bring up immediately. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a most comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Aaron T.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

It is important to stay somewhere safe in LA in terms of accommodation and that was the reason I have chosen this hotel - and indeed it was situated in the nicer part of the city, and despite no private parking available, it's quite easy to find a parking space next to the hotel anyway even if we arrived late on a Saturday night. I was happy about my choice of hotel at that moment, especially the moment I stepped in I saw the certificate of excellence by TA for consecutive 3 years (which to me is equivalent of a guarantee of quality).

Only until I found bugs in my bed. I was staying in a ground floor room which is just opposite the kitchen (and I'm not sure if this increases the possibility of finding bugs in my bed). At first I didn't even notice, but when I finally saw bugs crawling on my pillows I was freaked out. Poor dad woke up from his sleep, found that he was bitten by bugs in his bed as well, looked like a rash on his back.

So we complained to the receptionist, he gave us another room to stay - but when I finally moved our stuff and settled, it was like 2.00 in the morning and we had a long drive to LV the next day.

Wasn't a very happy ending story in LA.

The next morning I was trying to argue with someone, but unfortunately the owner wasn't present and the new receptionist said she had no say in my complaint apart from logging it on their book to the owner. Both she and the receptionist the night before claimed that there had been nothing like this before and they were shocked by it (and they even questioned if it were me bringing in these bugs into the hotel - interesting - if so why would those bugs be in pillows/on beds yet not anywhere nearer my suitcases...).

Very disappointed - definitively worst stay in my Pacific costal trip this Easter.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joanna_X_L
Dear Valued Guest,
I am equally surprised about your complaints regarding bugs. We have the property serviced on a routine basis to prevent this. I take your issues with our staff very seriously. We strive to make our guests feel like hey are at home. I am glad you enjoyed our location.

Aaron T