“Totally satisfied customers”

Wilshire Crest Hotel
Ranked #130 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 June 2010

The Wilshire Crest is a lovely break from the "scene" that is LA. It is wonderfully located and incredibly convenient. They also offer extras like continental breakfast and permits for street parking without the constant nickel and dime-ing that occurs so frequently in LA. The staff was friendly and attentive. While the hotel is not fancy, it is clean, updated and practical. We will look forward to staying there again. Thank you all so much.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 February 2010

Pros are its location in a quiet area, not a hotel zone, and reasonable rates. Cons are the sparse and austere amenities, and noise levels between rooms. We had a hard time sleeping due to a TV on in a room below us. No irons or hair dryers in the room but available by request from the front desk. Beds are rock hard. Breakfast was mostly a few white carbs and a pitcher of OJ. It was disturbing to have bathroom style key locks on the entry doors. Someone could have easily entered with a bobby pin or credit card. The staff didn't know anything about restaurant recommendations or places to visit nearby. There is one computer in the lounge but requires payment for use. Street parking only, no lot. Could be a knock out place with a facility update, more creature comforts like better mattresses and pillows, sound proofing, and some hotel customer service training and attention.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelTeam4985
Reviewed 23 January 2010

Clean, quiet, friendly, affordable. The staff is friendly without being overbearing. The facility is nice without being pompous. The breakfast is a tick better than your standard continental fare. Even the guests were quite nice. I will recommend this and stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2010

I couldn't be happier with my stay st the Wilshire Crest Inn. I needed a reasonably priced hotel in a convient part of Los Angeles and I got exactly what I asked for. Walking distance to "The Grove," a stunning outdoor mall with a wide selection of upscale shops. Whole Foods is less then a mile away. There's a mini-mall with Subway, Fish Tacos, Falafel, Liquor Store...

The beds are firm. I like a firm bed. I had a flatscreen tv with more channels than I could count. Spacious. Great service. I needed to print documents out and they were totally accommodating. Wireless internet.

I'm very happy to give the this hotel a positive review because I know how hard it is to find the right place for the right price. For Los Angeles, this is it. Stay at the Wilshire Crest Inn!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I searched far and wide and could not find a reasonably priced hotel in LA with all of the amenities that The Wilshire Crest Hotel has to offer.

Here's why the Wilshire Crest Hotel works for me:

-large, clean rooms,
-comfortable lobby with free internet, computer, and outside relaxing areas
-the most central neighborhood, close to everything and a short walk to the famous Farmer's Market and The Grove
-free breakfast included
-free parking permit included
-great customer service from the staff
-an extremely reasonable price

Need I say more?
I love this place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I recently stayed there for one night for business purposes. I was deceived by their nicely constructed website and inviting pictures. In fact, I stayed in the same room that was shown on their website. It is by far the WORST place I've ever stayed in. It is absolutely false advertisement claiming it's an "European Style Boutique Hotel" . The place is old, smelly, dirty, and gross.

First of all, the room smelled as soon as I walked in. I killed a small cockroach in the bathroom. The towels and the bed sheets were not clean and had stains on them. I found 1 more small cockroach crawling on the bed. The furniture was old and dirty. Breakfast was pathetic with juice, coffee, rotting bananas and apples.

I believed I paid $140 for the room, which is a completely waste of money. I just don't want any more travelers be deceived by their nice website. I don't have anything against the hotel or the owner, but I just feel deceived by their claim and pictures on the website. DO NOT go to this hotel, you will regret it and want your money back!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank NolanCalifornia
Reviewed 20 March 2009

My wife and I arrived after the continental breakfast had been served; however when we checked in, they put out the breakfast again!!! What a start. The staff was friendly and very attuned to our needs. The room was very spacious and well equipped (refrigerator, too).
Close to the Grove, Beverly Mall , Beverly Hills, and Cedar Sinai Hospital (which was the purpose of our trip). Cannot go wrong with this spot !!!! Highly recommended. Very homey feel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple