Americas Best Value Inn
US$335
US$329
US$273
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$239
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
US$439
US$330
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$297
  • Beachfront
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$565
US$374
US$309
US$592
US$452
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$426
US$404
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$458
US$400
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The area is rough ain't going to lie..the convention center and staples center are 2 mins down the road so that a plus. The hotels is kinda a little fortress from the outside elements which helps you feel a little safer... room was on the second floor had a cigarette burn in the curtain and blanket. Room smelled of cigarettes a lot. Toilet had a butt in it and seat wasn't cleaned very well...but overall it wasn't the worst hotel I've stayed in...bed was average no bugs. Staff polite and prompt.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Being a student and attending a conference at the J.W Marriott, this motel was a fantastic price within walking distance of the conference and LA Live, as well as a Metro station.

The rooms were cleaned every day and the place was spotless, the only problem with our rooms was the lack of a wardrobe and there were no coffee making facilities. However, for the price that we paid (a twin room worked out at roughly £240 for 7 nights) and for the little time that we were planning to stay it was perfect.

Our only issue was the area. We were warned countless number of times by taxi drivers that the area we were staying in was really bad. We were warned to stay away from the park (MacArthur Park) and not to walk alone especially at night, when we were told not to go out at all. This was backed up by any locals that we spoke to. There are a lot of homeless in that area and people trying to sell fake ID.

Occasionally we did have to walk back to the motel from LA Live and it felt a very threatening place to be at night, however, if you are willing to take taxis everywhere then it is a very reasonably priced place to stay.

I wouldn't recommend this for families, but if you are travelling on your own, are not planning to spend much time in the motel and are looking for a base for a few days that is cheap, then this place is just right

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Booked 2 rooms on one reservation. Front desk clerk only held one room. Tried to tell me my reservation was not valid because it was "edited". (I had changed the reservation online, but had a valid printout and online verification showing two rooms.) The only two rooms available were one of the two that I had reserved, and the jacuzzi suite. Clerk told me jacuzzi suite was very expensive and thus unavailable. After threatening to go and stay with a friend, thus nullifying both rooms' reservations, the clerk relented and gave me the jacuzzi suite. Still charged an extra $10 though. I thanked him and told him I'd give them a "good review". My definition of "good" is 3 stars, though they deserve zero stars for the incompetence of whomever was responsible for losing the second room on my reservation.
Rooms were above average w/rspct to amenities and cleanliness. Kids throwing football in parking lot hit my brand new car. Lady smoking joint on balcony near our room. Neighborhood is somewhat "sketchy". Would not want to walk at night. Hotel is arranged like a walled compound (to keep some of the bad elements out)? If you must stay near downtown or Koreatown on a budget, this place is okay (just stay inside).

Room Tip: Call to confirm every day, the week before, if you have more than one room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

All I can say is that I would have felt better sleeping on a park bench in east LA with the gangs than this place. Absolutely disgusting people here. Rooms were filthy. We had to wear shoes to keep our feet from carpet. There was so much dirt on the carpet you could scrape it off....Not worth it to stay here even if they would have paid us to stay there. There are bums on the street all around this hotel and sirens and screaming all night long. Whoever you have hired to work behind the bullet proof plexiglass they call an office should be fired asap. The most rude people I have ever dealt with in the service industry. A word to management would be to sell this place before one of your customers gets seriously sick or killed while staying here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This is easily the WORST motel I've ever stayed at...the Indian management (especially the female that works in the afternoon) is rude and doesn't care about their customers. My "non-smoking" room smelled of cigarettes, the lock on the door was broken, I saw rats in the parking lot, roaches in the room, numerous holes in the walls, stains all over the sheets, pillowcases, and towels, the toilet wasn't flushing properly, and the tv only gets about 10 stations, with most of them in spanish. When I called the front desk to report any problems, they basically told me that it's not their problem, and refused to move me to another room. There is a sign when you check in that states NO REFUNDS, so the owner does give a s--t about you after taking your money. Although the property is within walking distance to the convention center, the area is very sketchy at night. There seemed to be plenty of budget accomodations in the area, so my recommendation is to AVOID THIS MOTEL!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this dump!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family