“They've raised the bar for top quality sushi.”

Sugarfish by Sushi Nozawa
Ranked #629 of 10,808 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: This chain's other sites are listed, just not this one and I would like to add a review.
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We went to the Beverly Hills location. The portions were small, the prices high, but still-the quality of their sushi was absolutely the best and freshest we've ever had. Only 2 negatives--it's a small and extremely noisy restaurant, and they serve both the edamame & the saki cold, surprising (not in a good way). Not sure if we'd go back, but it was otherwise delicious.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

A friend took me to Sugarfish for lunch and holy cow. I really don't eat sashimi that much and if I do have Japanese, it's usually cooked rolls. This restaurant is unlike the sushi places in Rhode Island (where I live). Another person rated this place as having fish that melts in your mouth. YES. That is absolutely true. The tuna sashimi starter (included in the picture I attached) is phenomenal. The ponzu/scallion sauce that comes with it is making me want to go back again today! If you go and you are a first timer, get the "trust me" option which is a pre planned sushi menu (1 pc per sashimi). They don't have salads or soups so it's really a simple sushi restaurant experience. If you aren't a sushi/raw fish lover, this probably won't be your favorite meal but you might be converted because the fish is top notch and the quality of the food is sensational! If you do get a roll (and I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the BAY SCALLOP) the rice comes warm! So eat immediately! You'll probably see a movie star/tv star in the place as I did. It's a great experience. Bravo, Sugarfish. Can you guys open one in Rhode Island?

1  Thank RebeccaJoyM
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Casual lunch, good music and excellent food. Personnel was friendly and we even got a Hollywood star on the next table! Prices super reasonable.

1  Thank nicobalma
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This restaurant should be called butterfish, as the sushi fish melted in your mouth like butter! Absolutely incredible! There was a small wait, as they do not accept reservations, but it was worth it. The only thing is that the food is brought out to you almost instantly, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE immediate gratification, but our family of 4 finished our meal in 20 minutes! There was definitely a feeling of quick turnover, so I felt a bit rushed. However, since the food was so incredible, I got over it. Not cheap, but we enjoyed every bit of it!

1  Thank namastegroup
Reviewed 26 December 2013

You can't even get a bowl of miso here, so this is only for raw fish lovers, but if you love sushi, you will love SUGARFISH. It's unbelievably fresh, impeccably prepared and worth the wait, especially because it is really reasonably priced for such a high quality meal. Highly recommend!

1  Thank davismama2003