“So-so sushi”

Sugarfish by Sushi Nozawa
Ranked #1,019 of 10,239 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: This chain's other sites are listed, just not this one and I would like to add a review.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The sushi set is a clever idea as it is convenient. But preparation average. Some items were tasty while others were bland. it is a good spot for celebrity spotting.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Fabulous! Just completely amazing, I have traveled the world eating sushi all over and this restaurant rivals what I gave had everywhere. it's enough food to leave you gull but not stuffed. I order the trust with a green iced tea. Quick and lovely! Great for lunch and dinner! One of my favorite restaurants!

1  Thank Mad M
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We went to the Beverly Hills location. The portions were small, the prices high, but still-the quality of their sushi was absolutely the best and freshest we've ever had. Only 2 negatives--it's a small and extremely noisy restaurant, and they serve both the edamame & the saki cold, surprising (not in a good way). Not sure if we'd go back, but it was otherwise delicious.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

A friend took me to Sugarfish for lunch and holy cow. I really don't eat sashimi that much and if I do have Japanese, it's usually cooked rolls. This restaurant is unlike the sushi places in Rhode Island (where I live). Another person rated this place as having fish that melts in your mouth. YES. That is absolutely true. The tuna sashimi starter (included in the picture I attached) is phenomenal. The ponzu/scallion sauce that comes with it is making me want to go back again today! If you go and you are a first timer, get the "trust me" option which is a pre planned sushi menu (1 pc per sashimi). They don't have salads or soups so it's really a simple sushi restaurant experience. If you aren't a sushi/raw fish lover, this probably won't be your favorite meal but you might be converted because the fish is top notch and the quality of the food is sensational! If you do get a roll (and I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the BAY SCALLOP) the rice comes warm! So eat immediately! You'll probably see a movie star/tv star in the place as I did. It's a great experience. Bravo, Sugarfish. Can you guys open one in Rhode Island?

1  Thank RebeccaJoyM
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Casual lunch, good music and excellent food. Personnel was friendly and we even got a Hollywood star on the next table! Prices super reasonable.

1  Thank nicobalma