“Very clean room and good location”

Hollywood La Brea Motel
Ranked #184 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Tampere, Finland
“Very clean room and good location”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We were there 2 nights and felt comfortable. Room was very clean and nice, from just a few steps at walk of fame etc. There was towels enough and wifi worked well. Nothing bad to say. No restaurant/pool bit thats ok

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Taru A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
Mississippi
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have stayed at this motel back in 2005 and just recently in December 2013. My reason for picking it is the easy access to Hollywood Boulevard and good parking. I traveled alone and as a female, I wanted to be able to walk safely in the dark back to my motel. No worries when staying at the La Brea Motel. My recent stay was again a good experience with friendly service at check-in and a good parking spot, where I didn't have to worry about getting my rental car getting dinged. Upon entering my room, everything was clean and no complaints there. However, things weren't perfect, but I was able to overlook them. Those things were a bedside lamp that didn't work ( had a Nook so didn't need it), thin pillows, and in the morning I discovered that the hairdryer didn't work. I didn't have any of these problems with my room in 2005, therefore am assuming it was a fluke. The owners are very nice and I am sure they would have accommodated me if I had spoke up, but I just lived with it for the evening. Oh another thing, the doors now have the electronic locks and it appears that remodeling has been done in the bathrooms since 2005.

All in all, I recommend this motel and will stay there again if I stay in LA and want to spend time on Hollywood Boulevard for an evening.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank lukes l
london, UK
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in November as the first stop on a road trip around CA. Loved the location-two minutes from the beginning of the walk of fame and 5 minutes from the Chinese Theatre. Great base to explore LA from. Good and many parking spots. George and his staff were all friendly and flexible. They let us pay daily for the night which made things easier for us. The room was clean and we had enough space. Bathroom very good and clean. Maybe the towels are a little small... There is a jacuzzi which we did not get the chance to try! Breakfast is limited-coffee and tea at reception with doughnuts and cookies. A nice way to start the day!
The metro station is 7 minutes walk away and it is only one stop away from universal studios!
Overall, a very enjoyable stay at Hollywood La Brea Motel! We will definitely be back...

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank kerenush
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Don't trust your stuff. Don't trust the morals of the staff. Even tho they were willing to help with getting me more pillows, they didn't help me with my problem. Bed was comfy. Room was cool enough. Air worked well. Tv was ok. Shower was ok. Hair dryer worked.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Jeninne

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was staying here with a friend for 6 nights as part of a trek across the states. I have low expectations and only require a safe, well located place with a clean room with basic amenities. The La Brea provided this.

The hotel is, as others have stated, located very wll right at the start of the hollywood walk of fame. To get to other tourist areas is relatively simple with Taxis being cheap to hire.
The room itself was a reasonable size, we had a double bed each which had their sheets changed everyday. The room was clean and well attended to. Downside: the bathroom was pretty low quality meaning the shower was very weak and the light fitting looked ready to fall out the ceiling, the room was also in dire need of renovation but, as I say, we had low expectations o this wasn't such a problem.
There is no pool, there's a jacuzzi... thing... that we never saw switched on or being used but, being placed as it was right next to the car park, that's pretty understandable.
The owners were polite, they provided a snack of coffee and doughnuts for breakfast but the coffee is TERRIBLE and tasted like caramel tar, the doughnuts were...adequate. We saw no insects or dirt as others have reported.
Overall I'd say it's a good basic hotel to use as a base for sightseeing and the price is definitely competitive, but if you want it for any other purpose then I'd proceed with caution.

Room Tip: Try and get the top tier of rooms so you don't get a constant flow of people on the stairs or ne...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lechaise
UK
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Only stayed for 1 night and I was worried about staying in a motel as some people had said the area was 'seedy' however we had no problem with this and I felt safe enough. The rooms are as expected for the price but the place is clean and has everything you need. We moved from here to the Roosevelt Hotel and wished we hadn't. It is great value for money and location if you want to be in the middle of Hollywood BLVD.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Claire N
Cesano Maderno, Italia
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The staff is very very friendly and kind, they helped me a lot, because I had trouble with my phone.. anyway, the motel is ok according the price and the location is very good! My room was a little bit noisy because was near the street but it was ok and the bed i very confortable!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends