“Good food, great pizza....”
Review of Evo Kitchen

Evo Kitchen
Ranked #510 of 10,354 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Description: EVO Kitchen is a small, family-run business where vegan foodies, meat lovers, and gluten-free peeps can feast together. Built to LEED specs, we are an eco-friendly restaurant from the inside out that supports organic farmers, local craft beers, and sustainable wines as much as possible. Parking Entrance Off Hayworth Ave with a 1 Hour Free Validation.
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We enjoyed the food. I tried the Vegan Soyrizo Scramble which was good and my wife had a salad which she enjoyed. We later ordered out a pizza and it was fantastic! We would recommend this restaurant especially the pizza.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

On a recent stay in Hollywood, we discovered Evo Kitchen at the end of a long day sightseeing. We were looking for something healthy and fresh and we found just what we were looking for here. The staff are very friendly and efficient and the atmosphere is good. In fact, we liked it so much that we went back again the next night. For our first meal we both ordered the soup of the day and a salad - the soup was hot and delicious and the salad fresh and crunchy. The next night my husband chose a cob salad and I tried one of their pizzas - delicious. The smallest one was more than adequate.
A special hello to the lovely waitress from Australia, who I found out grew up in the same suburb as I did at home in Brisbane!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Found this place when searching for Coeliac friendly (gluten free food) restaurants and so good we went back again two days later. Regular pizza is really good, gluten free pizza excellent. Nice starters and salads too. Reasonably priced and great friendly staff. Then there was the flourless chocolate cake. We ordered four but our waiter told us two would be plenty. The servings are big enough and it is so rich that two was fine, so full points to him for his honesty - he could have just let us order and pay for four. Fairly basic surroundings, don't dress up. But four very happy customers.

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Came with 3 friends- mediocre service. My friends all ordered pizzas and were happy. They advertise breakfast all day I had a breakfast wrap and ordered it without onions and sausage as meat choice. Came with onions and bacon as meat- it was basically potatoes wrapped in a tortilla. Not much egg or meat do I picked it all apart with my girl and feel blah for carb loading when I thought I was going the fewer carb option. They have a happy hour 4-7 on weekdays and half off some bottles if wine on Tuesdays- wouldn't come back for dinner but would come back for drinks- maybe....

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I went to EVO Kitchen with my fiancé and uncle, who are both omnivores, but who know I eat mostly vegan and like to go to places with plenty of options for me. We went there last fall and enjoyed it a lot. Despite it being on a busy part of the Sunset Strip, we found street parking not far away on a Saturday evening around 6 p.m. The interior is cute and cozy, with plenty of light from windows and lamps. When we went, it was pretty busy, but we didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes for a table; there is the advantage of pizza and sandwich-based cuisine -- people tend to come in, eat, and go relatively quickly.

All the food here is local or organic or both, and there are loads of options for vegans and a few for GF diners. We had an appetizer of garlic "cheese" bread that was vegan, but still very tasty and comfort food-ish. All of us enjoyed it, despite our varying dietary preferences. I had a wrap that was fairly good; it was the Veggie Avocado Wrap with vegan chicken. The chicken was maybe a little rubbery, but the flavors were good, and the multi-grain wrap was tasty. My fiance had a breakfast pizza that he talked about for like a week afterward, and my uncle had the Chicken Caesar wrap, which he said was very good. I might have to give up eating gluten soon, so I think that next time I go, I'll have to try what they are really known for: gluten-free vegan pizza! They have a few varieties that look good, including one with roasted veggies.

The service was very friendly and our food only took about 10 minutes to come out on a busy evening dinner rush. The customers seated next to us were very chatty and friendly, too. They told us that this place sometimes fills up with industry types, as it is right by where SAG screenings are. Who knows whom we'll encounter next time we visit EVO!