“Homemade Goodness since 1978”
Review of Al Gelato

Al Gelato
Ranked #57 of 269 Dessert in Los Angeles
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Thirty years says a lot about a place. The gelato is a creamy delight and with a great selection of flavors. I recommend sitting in and being served by the friendly staff. I felt like I was in Rome. The addition of the wafer the cute dishes and ambiance is so much nicer then those awful paper cups and plastic spoons. Its even open late when you just have to have something sweet. Al Gelato is my new addiction. Era delizioso!!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I would go there more often if they had Whole Wheat Pasta or Pizza Crust, but the food is so outstanding, that I go there and choose to get off of my heart healthy diet due to the fabulous food, bread and soups. I leave the Gelato, but you cannot find any better tasting Gelato in the US.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Fairly limited menu. Mostly pasta. Portions are large. The sauce was just average and that's really what the pasta is about. Would not rush back.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We live in New England and frequently eat in the very Italian North End of Boston and we really enjoyed Al Gelato on a recent trip to Los Angeles. It was recommended to us by family who have relocated to the LA area.
First off, the service was great. We were the only people eating there at the time but they still were very attentive at filling our drinks and bringing more bread.
As for the food, the red sauce is very sweet tasting which is very different from what we are used to back home. They must add sugar. I found it to be wonderful, although it was very filling and I was unable to finish my entire meal. The gnocchi is great and the portions are HUGE. Most people could probably share a plate of the gnocchi.
We ate outside and really enjoyed ourselves. This was probably our favorite meal of our visit to LA and we will likely be going back next time!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I decided on Al Gelato for a late evening treat after our 16-year-old granddaughter said she was in the mood for ice cream. Earlier, we were at an art opening at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Our granddaughter chose a salted caramel scoop with whipped cream topping My husband and I shared a two-scoop dish of dark cappuccino and coffee crunch, both delicious and beyond our expectations. We admired the other desserts that were being offered, like pecan pie and macaroons. Reserved tables allowed us to relax, talk about our art experience, and enjoy the gelato.