“Everything was good”

Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Venice
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I came here with a party of seven and we split the following:

-Bacon wrapped dates
-Tres Salchichas
-Sauteed Tiger Shrimp
-Albondigas (meatballs)
-Truffle Lobster Crab Tower ~ Dungeoness crab, Maine lobster, Hass avocado, tomatoes, micro salad, truffle essence
-Hamachi crudo
-Tortilla Espanola
-Vadouvon Spiced Skuna Bay Salmon
-Spanish Paella
-Marinated Moorish Lamb Rack

There was not one dish that I didn't like. I only wish that I could have gotten bigger tastes of everything, but I guess that's what you get when you go with seven people. My favorites were the bacon wrapped dates and the truffle lobster crab tower. Duh.

The sangria was decent, service on par. I definitely recommend!

I'm hungry!

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Good atmosphere. Food very average. Ordered one paella to share (with cheap rubbery chorizo), overcooked Brussels Sprouts and 3 glasses of Pinot Noir - bill came to $90. Crazy price for a very average dish and overpriced wine. This is a place to go if you can't cook basic food yourself.

Good atmosphere, though bar tables are not ideal as constantly people hanging about the table waiting for their seats.

1  Thank copperbottom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

A great ending of a day having dinner at primitivo. A friend took me there. Food was excellent and very different from a tapas place and so tasty. We were sitting in the patio and after a long business day i felt in paradise. Wine was excellent.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We ate here one night for dinner, we had the judori chicken which was succulent and delicious and the chicken and seafood paella which was very tasty and flavoured very well it was also a big portion. The wines were also half price and our wAitor was fantastic, we sat at the bar after our meal and finished our wine. This place has a great atmosphere I recommend it.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Very nice food, and a nice surprise too! We went there on a Tuesday night, and they offer wine by the bottle at 50% off! Great! We had 2 bottle of a good prosecco, $21 each, and we tried some tapas, the crab and the mussel with chorizo, both quite good, then we had the Spanish paella, and that was also good, not the best paella I have ever had, but not bad. Nice patio outside, more quiet than the inside, that is a bit noisy. Good and attentive service. I'll go back for sure, on Monday or Tuesday!