“True Indonesian!”

Beverly Hills, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“True Indonesian!”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I have traveled the world and I must say, when I arrive in LA, and go to Ramayani in Westwood it feels that I found a piece of Indonesia. The restaurant and the food is exactly what you experience in Indonesia. Even the family that runs this restaurant are true to honest home cooking, the best fresh ingredients and a service like you come home and leave your worries behind. The restaurant is small, and has the feel of a living room at Bali. This is one of the few restaurants where you can eat every night and you will never get bored with the food. The resoles are amazing, as well as the bihoen and the lamb. In short: Authentic and honest.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Robert P

Sun City, Arizona
“Authentic and wonderful”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We attended with friends who had lived in Indonesia. The food, new to us, was wonderful. We started with lumpia,then beef and tripe soup, gado gado salad, lasmb stew, squid.
Everything was excellent as was the service.
It was a very cold night but the warmth of the staff and restaurant made if very cozy.
We were assured everything was authentic which made it also a "learning" night.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DOCBABE_SCOUT
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Authentic Indonesian food”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I was there with my wife and friend who are from Indonesia. I let the two of them order. Our food items were of good size so we shared. I've been to Indonesia many times and the food here was top notch authentic.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank S2R27
Seattle, Washington
“Family-owned Indonesian restaurant”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I love this place and go as often as I can. It's a little a family-run restaurant that offers a wide variety of delicious Indonesian dishes. Ok, a few may not be "authentic" Indonesian (take,for example, their BBQ fried chicken), but who cares? It's supper yummy and plentiful! I haven't tried anything in their menu that I didn't like. I also love the service in this restaurant, always courteous, fast and with a smile. If you are coming with a large group, make sure to make a reservation, it is a small space and it fills out fast.

• Visited April 2012
Sacramento, California
“Good Indonesian”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

They served authentic Indonesian food. Good selection. The location is also good. Easy access. Service is very good.

• Visited April 2012