“Popular Spot”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stopped in for our last breakfast in Los Angeles. It's a very busy restaurant, but we (6) got a table right away. Their fresh fruit was beautiful and delicious. We each ordered a different breakfast selection - all very good, except the pancakes being nothing special. The bakery side was very busy as well, with lots of delicious looking items from which to choose.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We went to a lot of LA restaurants during my trip and this was my favorite place. The desserts were amazing, but the food was just as great. I got a chicken ceasar wrap and my husband got a club sandwich. We also got "The Dip" appetizer which was fantastic. The group next to us all got breakfast and that all look incredible. Definitely go here for some good food

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Have eaten here several times over the past few years and this place never disappoints!
Staff is friendly and efficient.
Have had breakfast here as well as lunch. The menu is large and I never know what to order and never order the same thing twice as it is always outstanding, so I like to try different things each time I go.
Sit outside at a sidewalk table, lots of great people watching, have seen several celebrities here as well. Low key, great food and casual atmosphere.
Great value for the price!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Since moving to L.A., I have found that finding a great spot for breakfast can be more difficult than I imagined. That is why finding Toast was such a pleasant surprise. I warn you that the weekend crowds (anytime after 9:30-10, which seems to be when Angelenos are finally up) are atrocious. The food is amazing, whether it is for breakfast or lunch. They have croissant french toast! Cronuts have nothing on these bad boys! Try them and you will thank me. Their soups, salads, and especially, desserts are truly amazing!

1  Thank Staffing_Man
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The concierge recommended Toast as a good spot near our hotel for Sunday brunch. As we walked down, the size of the crowd waiting at the corner for a table was a pretty good reason to turn around. Glad we didn't ! The wait was over 20 minutes, but it was worth it. We got a beaut table in the shade outside ( it was a beautiful sunny morning), the service was quick and the eggs and omelette were fine. A side of fruit was freshly prepared, and the OJ was fresh, too. The meals are not huge (which is fine) and price was ok too. It's pretty laid back, and an easy brunch.