“As good as in the movie!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of James Beach

James Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
James Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 9,849 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Venice
Cross street: Pacific Avenue
Leeds, United Kingdom
“As good as in the movie!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Myself and my new wife dined here as the first meal of our honeymoon. We had seen the restaurant previously on the movie “I LOVE YOU MAN” which has been a favourite of ours ever since we first met. Dining here was a no brainer for us given the love of the movie and the great sounding menu that they have on offer. Film buffs will not be disappointed… the restaurant is EXACTLY as it looks on the movie! Sadly as myself and my wife are not seafood fans, we didn’t try the fish tacos, but we did have the beef tacos and chicken tacos. Wow they were incredible!!! Easily the best tacos available on that side of the Mexican border, meats and their respective sauces all cooked to perfection and delivered with a smile. When we originally made our reservation, we did put on that it was our honeymoon and once we arrived at the restaurant we were made to feel especially welcome! They had reserved the best seats in the house for us and the staff were quick to take our orders and deliver us some complimentary appetizers. Service was attentive and attention to detail throughout our experience was exceptional. So would we eat here again next time we are in LA?? YES without a doubt, and we will be recommending it to any friends and family due to travel to the states in the near future! Thank you to all staff at James Beach for a wonderful start to our honeymoon.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Chill Atmosphere and Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very laid back, cool decor and diverse menu make James a keeper. Love the vibe and the staff. The bikini dish was the star with healthy rice and veggies. Also try the tuna appetizer. Stellar neighborhood hangout and we definitely enjoyed. Can't wait to do it agin.

• Visited July 2014
Grass Valley, California
“Drinks and Appetizers with friends was AWESOME!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I went down to LA to visit my best friend in March, and we took a walk to Venice Beach. For lunch, she insisted James' Beach. We had a wonderful lunch and drinks. We just ordered a bunch of appetizers and shared them, and it was St. Patricks weekend, so all the whisky drinks were half off, which was great because we were drinking Irish Mules (Jameson, ginger ale and lime juice). I am going back down this weekend and looking forward to trying the world famous fish tacos!

• Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
“WHAT A FIND!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Thank you James and crew!! Venice beach has a hidden gem! I dined here the day I arrived from Sydney and the day I was flying out. I will be back! The lunch and brunch were fabulous. Service was sublime. The menu has something for everyone on it and the place has ambiance!! I'll be back!! Sit anywhere and enjoy but near the windows in a booth, my prefernce

Visited May 2014
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The decor has the feel of The Greek islands with white table clothes and blues seats and napkins. The menu is diverse and unique. You can have anything deform tacos to sushi. I had the fish tacos with grilled mani mani... It was super. This is definitely Alsace to go back to.

• Visited June 2014