“Not just a meal, but an experience!”
Review of The Griddle Cafe

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
San Diego, California
“Not just a meal, but an experience!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This has been on my list of LA places to go for some time and my brother has told me countless times that I HAVE to go. I am so glad that I finally had a chance to spend the day and experience the Griddle Cafe.

The food here is just as good as everyone says. Holy cow - the pancakes. My kids were in absolutely HEAVEN here. One of the kids got the "Black Magic" (Oreo) pancakes and one got the plain buttermilk pancakes with chocolate chips added. Yes, they are HUGE. No, they did not finish them (not even close, thank heavens). Both of these pancakes were really sweet but really, really good.

My favorite pancakes though, were the ones my mom got - "Sow Your Oats" - cinnamon, oats and honey. Oh ya, these were special. They were not overly sweet and had an amazing flavor. I really tasted the PANCAKE, which were not overpowered by Oreo or chocolate chips. AMAZING.

I was smart and got the "Gone Shrimping" egg white omelet - shrimp, basil in the egg whites, tomatoes and green onions. It was FABULOUS!! It was great to have something healthy and high protein to balance out the carbs and sweet from the pancakes. My mom and I shared the pancakes and omelet so neither of us was sick after eating all carbohydrates. I don't eat a lot of carbs so this was a nice balance and I wasn't in pain after eating here.

My children, however, were miserable because they ate A LOT of pancakes. The little one asked if we would take him to the hospital after he was done :)! These are huge and A LOT of food - just a warning!

Besides good food, this place is just COOL. Super cool vibe, right on Sunset. It is such a great thing to do when you have some time in LA. The good news is that you only have to eat ONCE that day! GO HERE!!!

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank jennlovesfood

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Food”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This place does not disappoint. Great food. Fast service and reasonable prices makes this place the best breakfast in Los Angeles.

2 Thank CEOLARRYWILLIAMS
Stockholm
“Bring your apetite”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Visited during the week and there was no wait and only about half full. Portions are large as advertised but the quality doesn't seem to suffer for that. Our kids ordered a three stack and weren't quite able to finish them all. Service was brisk as well. Great place for breakfast.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Charles W
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Breakfast dreaming. ”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is one of the very best cafes on the Blvd.
it's staff a friendly, quick and attentive.
The food is simply yummy.
The portions are MASSIVE and the taste is just to die for.

1 Thank Martin H
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
“How to eat a giant pancake?”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

It was actually worth to wait for queue for about 40 minutes in the weekend.
The menu was great,service was good and the food was delicious.The oreo pancake was a giant size like other pancakes and we could not even achieved to finish ..too much for one person.
I would highly suggest to visit this busy restaurant but would recommend to sit outside as the inside of the restaurant was very noisy for us.

• Visited July 2014