“clafoutis”

Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Description: Welcome to Le Clafoutis, located in the center of Sunset Plaza in West Hollywood. Order our food online -Powered By Clorder
Reviewed 23 October 2013

every time someone comes to town, i take them to clafoutis. we sit outside on the sidewalk and enjoy the parade of hollywood people. the food is excellent. the waiters have always been most accommodating and the experience is always fabulous. their salads are to die for and i often order the duck. don't miss it when you're in town. parking in the back is free. ps....the desserts....that's why it's called clafoutis.

1  Thank savinla

Reviewed 11 September 2013

To me the best French restaurant in We Ho.. I think everything is tailed to perfection. Their deserts are to die for. Pretty waitresses wait on you. Nice place to hang out and enjoy LA and people watch.I recommend their peppercorn chicken and any of their steaks. Their burgers are to die for.I think if there is one thing you want to try its their burger.

1  Thank Ronnie1979
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were driving on Sunset Blvd on our way to roam Beverly Hills, but wanted a little something to eat prior to dinner. We parked and decided to check out a few of the restaurant menus and settled on Clafoutis due to it's Happy Hour menu and nice side street dining (it was a GORGEOUS day).

Although the place was not too busy at 4pm on a Tuesday, it took 5 minutes for someone to acknowledge us and seat us and another 10 minutes before our waitress showed up! We were handed "regular" menus and our waitress quickly scooted off and didn't return for another 10 minutes. At that time we asked her for the HH menu and thankfully she brought those back immediately.

The HH menu was extensive and we settled on Burrata Caprese (tasty), Beef Sliders (delicious) and Chicken Satay (very good and the side slaw was delicious!!). We also enjoyed a few Belini's that were great.

The "people" watching is fun, the food was great as was the HH value, but the service was below average. I felt as though not one person really cared if we were there. Our waitress did come over once to check on us but she wasn't friendly at all. We looked over several times at the bar area and you could see she was busy with her phone. Oh yeah, did I mention that one of the bussers was going to the bathroom and failed to lock the door and my mother walked in on him - he was in the Woman's bathroom! I guess not too much of a biggie but kinda odd.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Recently went to dinner with friends. This our first time to dine at Clafoutis. Service was cordial but lacked a bit of warmth and engagement. Menu selection was very good and also included an insert of specials. Food was delicious. Two of us had fish (halibut and tuna) both very good. The beef carpaccio and arugula salad along with the gazpacho were great. Total bill with a bottle of wine and tip came to $140. Outdoor seating was great!

1  Thank twolinz
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This restaurant came recommend by our hotel concierge, wish I'd done my homework.
First of all, after we had sat at our table, noticed new and old napkins along with cutlery on the floor under our table, secondly looked like our paper table cloth had been used several times before us and as we looked at other tables these looked like they needed changing too.
Not to be all negative the food was good and the service was ok but our last request at the end of our meal for a taxi ended up putting the tin lid on a poor experience of this restaurant, after a 15 to 20 minute wait I asked about our taxi again because nobody seamed bothered about us still sitting there, we were told that the taxi had been and that other people had taken it, I would love to see CCTV of this event as we were sat at the road side and I'm not normally a betting man but feel quit confident I could make some extra holiday money out of this bet. ( wonder if 10 dollars wasn't a big enough tip )