“Best Breakfast Diner EVER!!”
Review of 54 Twenty - CLOSED

54 Twenty
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A friend and I were staying at the Dixie Hollywood, next to 54 Twenty, and ate breakfast here the 4 days we stayed; and not only due to the convenience.

This is by far my favorite little diner! The staff is super friendly and welcoming which is always HUGE plus in my book. We were always greeted with a smile, offered suggestions when we asked about certain meals, and our cups were never less than half full! The staff engages in conversation and also just works as a team to make sure every customer is taken care of!

The food is super fresh and delicious. You can watch them cook it right in front of you. My friend does not eat pig or cow and had no problem finding menu items each day. We were always happy with everything we ate!

I would honestly pick this place up and move it to my home town if I could! It will definitely be a tradition to stop in each time we are in LA!

There are newer reviews for 54 Twenty

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We discovered this gem of a diner during a brief trip to LA, while staying at the Coral Sands Motel, which is practically around the corner. 54 Twenty is adjacent to the Dixie Motel, and was recommended by our motel's front desk when we asked for a good place for breakfast. They open at 8:00 am, 7 days a week, by the way. The first time we went, the chef, Edgar, welcomed us and apologized that the waitress was late. He handed us menus, took our orders and served the food. I must say our breakfast was so delicious that we promised to return the next day, which we did, inviting a local friend to join us. Several notes to those who've never been to 54 Twenty. They have an extensive breakfast menu which includes gluten-free options. You can get unlimited refills of hot or iced coffee or tea, and a number of fountain drinks. This is not your typical diner fare, the food is well-seasoned and creatively prepared, with many kudos to Edgar! I gather from my on-line research, the diner had a previous incarnation/name (something like Angel-Z) with not very favorable reviews. It doesn't even look like that anymore. Their website is www.54twenty.com

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Good service, great food & value for money! Nice and clean comfortable restaurant What more could a traveller wish for?

Reviewed 19 December 2013

If you in East Hollywood for Breakfast or Lunch, this is a great place to stop by. I had the House Burger.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had two great breakfasts here, watching the cook prepare your order. They have a small well balanced menu. Pleasant atmosphere in this small diner, next to Dixie hotel. Place puts a smile on the day!