“Glad I stopped! ”

Neighbourhood: Universal City Area
Orlando
“Glad I stopped! ”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I almost walked past; but stopped to read the menu and decided 5 give it a try. The Chicken Enchiladas were awesome, and the green rice was a great combination.
The service was fast and efficient.
I'll be back!

“Hot tamale”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

As we drive through the southern California morning we savor the number of opportunities before us. Ventura blvd and all it's worldly choices await. Our first casa de cuisine is Mexicali Cocina cantina and all the fine comestibles it has to offer. Our choices this day included guacamole, braised beef burrito, fish tacos and a taco & tamale combo chosen from the voluminous pages of the menu. A large choice of large dishes once again demonstrating America's obsession with way too much food. Food was good, maybe could be a little less "Hollywood" and a little more "local". Service to be seated was a little slow, meal service ok. Server pleasant and helpful. Our experience says we well be back.(yeah, he eats there too!

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Love the Mexicali margarita.”
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

This is one of our favorite Mexican places to eat in the Studio City area. Their menu offers lots of healthy options and unusual dishes in addition to your standard Mexican fare. The grilled fish or lobster tacos are fantastic for a lighter meal. The Americano Burrito is delicious and filling, filled with grilled chicken, veggies, and goat cheese.

Sit outside if you can, it's much more pleasant and a better ambiance. The restaurant inside gets pretty loud (it has something to do with the accoustics, I think).

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“What? I can not hear you...”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Loud. Oh, this place is loud. Did I mention this place was LOUD? I I drank 2 double margaritas, just to try and drown out the noise. It did not work.

• Visited February 2013
“Local Tex-Mex restaurant”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Food is fresh with big portions, but because it's so popular it can be very noisy, especially at happy hour time!

Visited January 2013