“Pleasant Neighborhood Eatery” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Universal City Area
Cross street: Vineland
Transit: Across the street from the Hollywood Bowl park and ride on Ventura Blvd. A short walk from Universal metro station.
Tucson, Arizona
“Pleasant Neighborhood Eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Zach's is a pleasant and comfortable restaurant in Studio City. The food is well prepared, tasty and the portions are large enough to take some home. Service if not overly friendly (which is fine with me) is efficient. The cuisine is primarily Italian/American with a good selection. The Lasagne with goat cheese is amazing. And as mentioned by the previous reviewer, the rolls are to die for. Prices are reasonable, and if you are not a big eater half portions are available. There is a patio where pets are welcome and is ideal if you are just passing by walking your dog, or simply like him to have a night out too. All in all, well recommended!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Riverside, California
“Good atmosphere and very yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Ask for extra rolls because they are very good! We enjoyed classic Italian food with nice wine. The staff was attentive and friendly.

Visited April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very good, stayed nearby for Universal Studios”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

We arrived very early for dinner, and pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves (at least that is the way we felt). Very nice, friendly staff ... all of them.

We found Zach's by Googling seafood restaurant. We actually found an Italian Restaurant, and we also found great food. And plenty of it, we didn't have room for dessert, but what I saw would've been good.

We ordered a white fish dinner and a chicken parmigiana ... both were well prepared, and very good.

• Visited March 2013
Hell, Norway
“My new neighborhood haunt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have lived in the neighborhood for 17 years, have driven past this place millions of times, but never paid attention. Until today. After googling "Italian food" and "Studio City," I came up with Zachs, and off we went.

The restaurant was mostly empty as it was 2:30 pm. That was the first good sign. I ordered a bowl of broccoli soup, which arrived immediately and was fantastic. Thanks to this plus the bread rolls, I was full. But I had also ordered the regular lasagna. Also tasty, but I could eat only half and the rest is in the fridge. Seven hours later I am still full. My wife had the cup of broccoli soup and the mushroom lasagna, but did not care for the mushrooms - a personal decision. She also found it hard to navigate the steel dish in which it was served. Similarly, she was pretty much done after the soup.

Lunch for 2 came in at $29 net. Service was friendly but not intrusive. I liked that the waiter did not ask how the food was. Pleasant decor. Only real gripe was misspelling of "complimentary" as "complementary" on all the valet parking signs outside. I would also like to see a bowl of sweets to swipe from on the way out. Definitely hope to make this my new neighborhood haunt.

• Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Good italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Nice romantic little restaurant. Nice to sit outside if the weather's warm enough. The free garlic cheese rolls are super delicious,but you have to control yourself or you won't have room from your meal.

Visited December 2012