“Tasty”

Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Known for great food, strong drinks, & of course the famous bean dip. Los Toros was established in 1967 & has been a proud member of the community. ever since! We contribute to our community in many ways. We serve as a meeting place for youth sports teams, community organizations and family events. We have always believed in giving back to our community.
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I got lucky and was sat in the main area. Maybe because I got there early at 5:30. Looks like its a locals hangout so it must be good. Typical Mexican décor. A bit loud but I was really close to the bar. Service was fast and courteous. They start you out with chips and salsa (spicy but I'm a weenie when it comes to spicy) & a refried bean dip that is the bomb! For dinner I had the carne asada with beans and rice. The pork at first glance looked dry but ended up being very moist and delicious. Left there very full. Tip: the entrance is in the back. Looks like they have a parking lot back there but I'm not sure If you have to pay to park. I saw a couple employees at the entrance and wasn't sure so I ended up parking on the street and walking to the back of the building. All in all a really nice experience. Will come back if I'm ever this way again.

Nick M, Owner at Los Toros Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share the details about your really nice experience at Lost Toros. We look forward to having you join us again next time you’re back this way.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Great neighborhood family run business. Have been going here 30+ years, food is good and reasonably priced, bean dip is great, especally when paired with the Margaritas, which were voted top 5 in LA. Love this place

Nick M, Owner at Los Toros Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Hi Neil, Thank you for your 5 Star Review. On behalf of our staff, I would like to say that tt has truly been our pleasure to serve you over the years and we look forward to you having you join us for many more to come.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were a party of 12 out for a night of fun. We enjoyed pitchers of margaritas and chips/dips. My combo platter of chicken taco and chile relleno was excellent. I was especially impressed with the fresh grilled flavor of the chicken. Overall, this is the best Mexican food I have ever had.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The food is great! They start you off with the best bean dip ever. You can't go wrong with their signature margarita's and entrees. I love that place.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food was good. The salsa was mild and tasty. The chips were fresh but were unusually thick and therefore a person could not eat many without ruining your appetite for the food. The menu is extensive, with all of the typical Mexican choices. The food is prepared well and nicely presented. The place is large and a little dark with several rooms, and both times I have been there, once for lunch and once for dinner, I asked for a booth, and they marched me all the way through several rooms and the bar to the very last room in the place. In summary, I would go there again. If you enjoy the bar scene, this is a very popular gathering place, but may not be 1st choice for old guys like me who treasure a quiet meal.