“Great Restaurant for Dine and Drive”

Il Capriccio on Vermont
Ranked #386 of 10,251 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 13 October 2013

All went smoothly. The pasta dishes we ordered were warm but not hot. The chicken dishes were delicious. The price for Dine and Drive is great deal. Wait staff was very accommodating and the Dine and Drive staff was excellent as well. It's the best way to do The Greek.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I admit: we were wrong to order pizza in this restaurant that doesn't even mention it on the menu, but only on the blackboard at the entrance. The reason of choice is that the pizza met the favor of all our group, and we wanted to simplify ordering.
One of the pizzas came burned below. We have noted, and immediately another was prepared.
Furthermore, in contrast to a true pizzeria, the opportunity to choose between different pizza recipes wasn't given: just "Margherita" pizza, or something similar.
On the other hand, the pizzas were well prepared and tasty.
The owners were very friendly, especially once they have acknowledged our origin from Italy.
The bill was not low $ 74 for five people.
Judging by the large crowd that filled the rooms, the restaurant is much appreciated. Pity that we have not been able to appreciate it the same extent.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

A little Divey area. Especially along busy Vermont Street. A little cramped along sidewalk seating, but overall Very fresh. Good food selections, good service, nice Italian bar selections. Everything we ordered was delicious. Will go back. Dog friendly, too!!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

This place has delectable food at reasonable prices. My friends and I first went there in 2011, just walking up the street and smelling delicious Italian cooking. We now call Il Capriccio "Gnocchi from Heaven" because their gnocchi is just that--heavenly, rich, and served in a portion easily split between two hungry folks. But their nightly specials are even better. Fresh ingredients combined in inventive yet traditional ways. You can spend about $25 on a good bottle of Chianti or they have a corking fee of only $10 if you want to bring your own bottle of whatever. Their roast pork loin with rosemary and Parmesan potatoes was tender enough to cut with a fork. When we arrived in LA this time, we were heartbroken to see a "Closed" sign as they were experiencing plumbing issues, but they really worked hard and reopened the next evening to our great delight. Servers are knowledgeable and friendly, the place has a definite family feel, and you cannot walk out of there hungry. It's situated between other restaurants along a tree-lined section of Vermont Avenue so the outdoor seating is limited; inside is narrow and a bit dark without a separate bar but you feel like you walked into an Old World Aunt's place. The food's the thing here and they do it very, very well.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is a great little restaurant in one of my favorite neighborhoods in LA. We stopped here for lunch on a Sunday, and enjoyed eating outside watching people passing by. The restaurant was small and homey, our server was quite pleasant. My dining companion loved his pasta/ sausage dish. I was disappointed in my panini - the menu was misleading about what you could add to the sandwich, which the waitress explained. I just didn't ask the right questions and got much less than I anticipated. I will return and try again.