“Great little place with great food. Great service too.”
Review of Fred 62

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Walk right in and take a table, the servers are nice as can be. Menu is good, we each got Wimpy burgers, delicious.
We have been here numerous times and will keep coming.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had heard that Fred 62 was amazing. I wanted it to be so, but it just didn't quite measure up. I had the Jucy Lucy burger - which was tasty, a bit greasy but still delicious. But the fries were a bit soggy. They tasted like they didn't get cooked long enough or they had been sitting a bit before they came to me. We also shared the Mac-n-cheese balls. They were delicious, but the temperature was akin to magma. For dessert we had an apple punk tart (their version of a pop tart) - this was one of the things I had heard so much about, but failed to measure up. The gooey apple center was just in the center and multiple bites were just bready-sugary crust. I later learned you could order it ala mode - which would have been a great way to combat the lack of filling, but was not mentioned by our server. Will I go back? ya - but it's not the top of my list...

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Last Sunday afternoon, my boyfriend and I stopped in at Fred 62 after going on a hike in Griffith Park. I have been to Fred 62 several times, but it was my boyfriend's first visit. In fact, his first visit to Silver Lake.

We shared two sandwiches and had a soup starter for the side. I loved the chicken noodle soup, which had noodles that were thick and reminded me of Udon. Really delicious. My boyfriend had a corn chowder, which I sampled. It was good, but a bit spicy for my liking.

We shared the grilled cheese served on round shaped sourdough. A classic. The other sandwich was one of their specials- beets and goat cheese on a baguette. It was fabulous! It was sort of like eating a fancy salad, but in a sandwich.

Dessert was a bit of a let down. We shared the apple punk tart (think fancy pop tart) ala mode. It was okay, but i think that we would have enjoyed nearly any other dessert on the menu more. The punk tart was too much pastry and too little apple filling.

Over all Fred 62 is a great local cafe. The service is top notch and the ambiance is fun- sort of vintage- trendy. It really fits in great in Silver Lake.

Please visit my blog for more reviews and local haunts.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Awesome food...especially for that hour of the night. Great ambiance. Can't wait to go back. Lots of veggie options.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

This place has average--at best--food and is just a hangout for the local Los Feliz trenoids. The little walkup Greek restaurant across the street is actually MUCH better and less expensive.