“Diner with a difference”
Review of Fred 62

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Wanted a bit of lunch near our travelodge and walked past here. Looked busy and cool so popped in. Turned out to be an American diner but with a great diverse menu. Nice fresh drinks and and very friendly service.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed sitting street side for a delicious lunch. The mango lemonade was a real treat, along with the loaded nacho appetizer. My husband, who tries veggie burgers at every stop, said this one was superior. My son enjoyed the pork belly sandwich. My cup of chicken and veggie soup with rice was very tasty. Fortunately I ordered the smaller fried chicken salad because the portion was large! It was delicious! Service was excellent!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stopped by for the first time for lunch because we were in the area, walking. The menu looked interesting and the waitress was very friendly. I like fresh, interesting salads or healthy sandwiches for lunch. Burgers are out for me. So I went over their extensive sandwich menu and settled for a Mediterranean falafel sandwich with roasted eggplant and tahini. I could just taste all the flavors, I was that hungry. Needless to say, the sandwich was very disappointing... it came in a hamburger roll (Mediterranean?) and all the ingredients were dry and tasteless! The rest of my family ordered a variety of friend chicken sandwiches with interesting sauces and toppings; and every one complained about how tasteless and blah their sandwich was. Let's just say the menu sounds good when you read it, but the cuisine leaves much to be desired. I would never return.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

A neighborhood and tourist favorite for real L.A. neighborhood atmosphere and flare. Recently, a new menu was introduced which appeared to offer fresher food in imaginative combos. This confusing new menu, along with sloppy execution of it, has led to situation expressed in two words. Lousy Food.

Examples, one of our party ordered Beef Ribs and Brisket. He asked to reaffirm, "BEEF ribs, the Big Ones?" Cheefully affirmed by a wonderful waitress, "Yes, huge beef ribs." What arrives are tiny pork ribs with brisket next to it, trouble was the brisket was a square of beef fat, no brisket. No complaint....as the pork ribs were edible enough.

I, on the other hand, knowing this place, strive to keep it simple, "Pastrami sandwich, please." What arrives is falafal. Honest mistake, I eat it, tell the waitress, then in time for us to leave the Pastrami sandwich arrives neatly packed to go. Nice touch. I eat the sandwich the next day and its sliced pork (?).

I hope this neighborhood favorite wakes up and becomes what it once was again.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Was visiting Los Angeles, from London in the UK- me and my friend were driving around trying to find a place to eat breakfast then we came across Fred 62 on the corner... we popped in sat down in a booth and ordered breakfast which was delicious!

Lovely waiting staff and lovely food! Would definitely recommend... I hope to go back one day!