“BRAVO”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Description: Located in the heart of Los Angeles, with an easy commute from Beverly Hills, Downtown LA, the Valley, and beaches is the exceptional Ca' Brea. The essence of Ca' Brea is straightforward and simple: authentic, yet innovative Italian food and Venetian cuisine. We serve the kind of food you want to eat every day, at the prices that allow you to do so.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I SO enjoyed my meal here. The atmosphere is cute but the food was outstanding. Although I can only vouch for the 2 dishes we ordered. The porcini mushroom risotto- cooked perfectly full of flavor and the gnocchi with handcut meat sauce - which are housemade daily and literally almost melt in your mouth accompanied by tender tiny pieces of meat in sauce (not ground meat). My father is a full- Italian chef and this food tasted just like his from the northern part of Italy. I am usually unhappy with Italian food because of my dad's profession but I literally wanted to stand up and applaud the kitchen while yelling "Bravo". If I had to point out 1 tiny negative it's that the staff was confusing. there didn't seem to be a hostess - we were sat by the bartender, then we thought the busser was our waiter because he was dressed the part, but the waitress turned out to be a lady dressed in a dress that looked like the manager. All this said - our service did not suffer. Perhaps they were short handed and everyone just kind of pitched in? It was a Saturday night so I'm not sure if its always like this or perhaps just this evening we were there. This place is only a 5 min drive from The Grove and WAY less crowded - so if you are there shopping, I would recommend leaving and having dinner here instead. The prices are also a few buck less per dish that the Italian option at The Grove. There is $5 valet parking so you don't have to worry about finding a spot on busy La Brea. I would definitely recommend this and can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Black rise risotto is delicious and worse trying it.
Overal diner was very good
Wine expensive and no choice for tips...
Service nice but long.
Some forks not very clean.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Good food and atmosphere! Aperitif with cocktail was good in the patio, pasta also was very nice. Good position and vallet parking Yeah!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

First time back since it reopened (was hesitant to come back since the reviews were mixed when it first reopened). Nothing has changed! The carpet was the same, the layout was the same, the furniture was the same, not sure what exactly burned down! The food was definitely the same: decent and a bit overpriced for what you get.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

nice location between two cities ( westside eastside) the folks are very friendly, the food is good. I ate here once with Lyle Lovett and met
Magic Johnson, who was a SWEETHEARTED man.