“Yang Chow...Wow!”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the best in L.A. Chinatown! First, a few tips...get there early for lunch which starts at 11:30 a.m. People start lining up by 11:15 and the place is nearly full by 11:45 a.m. Next, enjoy great staff of experienced, helpful, friendly waiters who all speak English and can assist with anything...including a fork if you're not proficient with chop sticks. There are several floor managers who can help you with menu choices or anything else you need. All the food is wonderful. My family enjoyed Mu Shu vegetables (has some pork in it) with plenty of sweet plum sauce. Next, we had shrimp fried rice which was very good. Finally, we enjoyed one of there signature dishes: Slippery Shrimp which is in a an orange glaze and slightly spicy. Wonderful, wonderful! I've been going for 20+ years and it is always a delight. This is place where for 30 years Chinatown tourists have been rubbing elbows with cops, lawyers and judges for the criminal courts downtown. You'll see a lot of badges come and go through the door. Woe unto any robber who tries to stick up the place! Go! Enjoy! Try many dishes...the more the merrier!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is a very busy restaurant. I tell you this so that you know that even with a reservation you can wait, as we did for over half an hour to get our table. That being said, the service was very good and the food was excellent. They have a large menu with all the Chinese dishes you can think of. We were a large party of 10 and we shared our dishes so I can honestly say all the choices were excellent

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The food was good and served fast and hot. Everything is ala carte though. We were at quickly and for it good equally as fast.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I ordered beef fried rice and shrimp in lobster sauce and it did not fail my expectations. It was delicious as I can be picky when eating Chinese food. The one waiter was nice as he offered me water while I wait for my take-out food. Lots of people eating and it looks like they were enjoying their meal. I recommend this place.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Went at 11:00am which is when they open. A long line already. Seating was tight but the food made up for everything. Also, the orders were brought one at a time like courses, not what we had planned but it worked well.