“The best yellow chicken curry this side of India w/eat on the floor/rockstar environment”
Review of Toi on Sunset

Toi on Sunset
Ranked #336 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$1 - US$35
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Toi on Sunset is my "go to" restaurant in Hollywood for my favorite comfort food, yellow chicken curry. It's creamy and deliciously made with a near-black rice that's simply delicious.

It's conveniently located on the Sunset Strip and usually has good parking available. You can sit at a table or on the floor with cushions, which is very chill. It's casual, with a diverse crowd. Rock posters adorn the walls.

All their food is delicious. The portions are large and reasonably priced. My only issue is their beer isn't cold enough for my taste. But their hot sake is just right.

They deliver with only a $14 minimum and are pretty quick.

Describing Toi on Sunset in 1 word, "delicious"!

Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Toi on Sunset

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Toi On Sunset is unlike any other Thai restaurant you'll ever visit. The interior is a collection of film, music, and television memorabilia from wall to wall. If your lucky, you'll be there when a film or recorded concert is playing on the wall. Take some time to look around as there are some truly interesting items displayed.
The staff are a mix of characters that are friendly and playful. Most of them have the old Melrose shop worker uniform: dark clothes, colored hair, pierced, and tattooed. But each server I've had have always been super nice and down to earth.
The food here has never disappointed. I'd be willing to bet, in fact, that this will be one of the best Thai food experiences you'll every have in the States. Authentically prepared, these good sized portions will make you wish you could eat here more frequently.
If you want a uniquely LA experience with great food and atmosphere, don't miss out on this gem in the heart of Sunset Blvd.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I'm sorry, but once you have had authentic Pad Thai, then you know what you get from this place is not authentic.
A group of our friends went here based on some reviews we read and man were we ever disappointed. It started with waiting to be seated. When we first got there, we were told it was about a 15 minute wait so we were advised to wait at the bar. And so we did. No one ever came over and asked if we would like a drink while we were waiting. As people were leaving, it seemed like the staff were too busy to clear the tables and set up for the next group. There were probably 3 vacant tables and we were still standing there waiting. We probably didn't get a table for about a half an hour.
Anyways, we ended up being seated and our waitress was lovely. However, 3 of us order the so-called infamous Pad Thai and it was probably the worst Pad Thai we had ever tasted. It looked like slop on a plate. The noodles had that starchy/sticky texture to it. And we got our Pad Thai about 5 minutes after we ordered, so it clearly made ahead of time and you could definitely tell by the texture and the taste. It wasn't even close to what Pad Thai should taste like. I would definitely give this place a pass!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

If you're looking for a fun LA experience and tasty Thai food, try Toi on Sunset. Rock, pop and artful décor provides lots of eye candy. The Thai toast is a delicious appy along with the egg rolls and spring rolls; huge portions for a good price. If you enjoy it spicy, ask for a bit more heat as most dishes are relatively mild. It is a vibrant, edgy atmosphere and can be quite loud.
There is always enough to take home.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I went with some friends to Toi for lunch yesterday. The atmoshere is fun with rock n roll posters and photos decorating the walls and ceiling. This is a cool, casual restaurant with rock music playing in the background. The staff was exceptionally nice to us and all of us really enjoyed the dishes we ordered. I had the Thai Bar-b-que chicken and I could not believe how much food was on the plate. More than I have ever been served in a Thai restaurant before. My chicken was excellent. Tasty and falling off the bone with a great bar-b-que flavor. I will definitely go back when I am in the Hollywood area.